Luggage Direct in FLL

db777

I used it last week on the Rotterdam in Ft. Lauderdale.  Earliest flight departure was set at 11:00 a.m.  My flight was at 11:03.  Worked perfectly.  Set baggate outside cabin before midnight, didn't see it again until baggage claim at destination.  Great service and for me well worth the $25.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Woofbite said:

I used it last week on the Rotterdam in Ft. Lauderdale.  Earliest flight departure was set at 11:00 a.m.  My flight was at 11:03.  Worked perfectly.  Set baggate outside cabin before midnight, didn't see it again until baggage claim at destination.  Great service and for me well worth the $25.

Thank you for posting this Woof. It gives us peace of mind.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, cosmo1027 said:

Does anyone know if this service works if you have a much later flight? We are sailing on the Rotterdam. Our flight from FLL is not until 8 pm. 
thanks!

Reading from the luggage direct sign up form, "...your flight departs between 11:30AM and 11:59 PM (FLL).  If flying Southwest Airlines, flights between 11:30AM and 6:00 PM..  Not available for flights from Miami.  Participating Airlines: Alaska, American, Delta (domestic), Southwest, and United Airlines."

On 12/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, Crew News said:

Reading from the luggage direct sign up form, "...your flight departs between 11:30AM and 11:59 PM (FLL).  If flying Southwest Airlines, flights between 11:30AM and 6:00 PM..  Not available for flights from Miami.  Participating Airlines: Alaska, American, Delta (domestic), Southwest, and United Airlines."

Thank you for this information. We are on SW, so it looks like we are out of luck. Glad to find out now.

• 9 months later...
On 12/7/2021 at 9:34 PM, cosmo1027 said:

Thank you for this information. We are on SW, so it looks like we are out of luck. Glad to find out now.

Does anyone know if the Southwest 6:00pm departure restriction is still in effect? I can’t find a web site with current policy. 

Edited by BillderBo

6 minutes ago, BillderBo said:

Does anyone know if the Southwest 6:00pm departure restriction is still in effect? I can’t find a web site with current policy. 

I now have answer to my question…from the company. 
Unfortunately, Luggage Direct is (still) only available for Southwest flights departing no later than 6:00PM.”

On 11/8/2021 at 8:54 AM, RGEDad said:

Yes - I know it is named differently - but if you dig deeper - it is actually run by Luggage Direct. it is just funded by the fine Seattle Business folks who are looking for people to spend the day touring/spending in Seattle. 

Sorry for the name confusion.

it worked in our case.  Spent over $300+ at Space Needle that we might not have if we were lugging suitcases 😉