First timer - booked for Alaska next Sept on Serenade - suite question (book now or hope for Royal Up)

GCS2000

Already booked for a balcony room for this trip but after doing some additional research thinking we want to move to the Jr Suite (grand suite is out of budget).

It would be about 1k more to do this now but basically guarantee us a Jr Suite.

I have read about Royal Up and it sure seems like a good way to get an upgrade at a much better price but of course there is no guarantee of that.

If I go to make an additional booking it seems there about 12 Jr Suites available on Deck 10 according to several sites.  I know things can and will change but that doesn't seem like great odds for "royalling up" in about 9 months.

2 minutes ago, GCS2000 said:

I know things can and will change but that doesn't seem like great odds for "royalling up" in about 9 months.

Welcome to CC.

Not really. A lot can happen in 9 months to include selling out of the suites. Keep checking the price and inventory for trends.

Edited by Biker19

29 minutes ago, GCS2000 said:

Yes I am fearful that you are correct.  Just wish it wasn't another 1k to go to a suite.

Thx for the reply

You can book it at the current price, but can watch for price drops. Call and have it price adjusted if/when the price does go down. 

The JS is nice because the bathroom and room have more space, but so does the balcony.

It all depends on how much you value the space. A JS has nice space, but you don't eat/drink/experience space. It's a creature comfort. Think of what that 1000.00 can be used on. An unlimited dining package, a drinks package, excursions.. It's up to you to decide what has value to spend your money on.