Weird Question: Special Requests - Congratulations Cake

tafawke

Hi

I have been meaning to ask this but never think of it when I am online...

On my confirmation of payment statement, on the bottom, after the payments made, there is a heading called Special Requests - under it, Congratulations Cake... is this NCL code as I have not booked any special requests and it appeared after NCL fixed a mistake they made with my booking... anyone with insight or past experience?

This was added before I had my own PCC - I just booked with whoever answered the phone (I now have someone I deal with directly) but I don't think I mentioned anything - it is Christmas week though - maybe I said in passing the trip will be acting as our unofficial honeymoon as we were married during the lockdown (so I could get into Canada - long story involving an overnight to Las Vegas on the way from South Korea to Ottawa) and had to quarantine immediately, then he went back to work... this will be our first holiday since the wedding but I don't think I have mentioned it to anyone at NCL with any intent...  

1 hour ago, tafawke said:

This was added before I had my own PCC - I just booked with whoever answered the phone (I now have someone I deal with directly) but I don't think I mentioned anything - it is Christmas week though - maybe I said in passing the trip will be acting as our unofficial honeymoon as we were married during the lockdown (so I could get into Canada - long story involving an overnight to Las Vegas on the way from South Korea to Ottawa) and had to quarantine immediately, then he went back to work... this will be our first holiday since the wedding but I don't think I have mentioned it to anyone at NCL with any intent...  

I had it on mine too. No clue how it got there.  There were even two slips in my cabin to turn in for free cake.  I kept forgetting them so never used it.

Nothing helpful to add - but IF the person who took your reservation took the time to listen, note that you mentioned being a newlywed and took the time to order the cake as a nice gesture, then I'd say that is one kind individual! They still exist 🤩

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

Very simplw explnation for this: at some point in either this reservation process or a prior one, you gave them your birthdate.

If you look at the top of your Guest Confirmation it says:  Client Name,  Age,  Client Latitude Number

When you gave them your passport information, your birthdate is given then also.

When all of a particular cruise's information is fed into the onboard Guest Services computer, General Manger's computer, Food and Beverage Manger's computer, Restaurant Manger's computer, they will know who is celbrating what on any given cruise.