Booking Jetblue through EZAir on Princess, which classes are economy?

mdowdy1

Jetblue has multiple (five) levels of economy flights. "Blue Basic" allows zero carryon bags, does not allow seat selection, and has more mostly checked bag fees. "Blue" allows a carryon and seat selection. There is also "Blue Plus," "Blue Extra" and "Mint," but those three seem like premium economy. There is no way to tell which class of service you're booking on EZAir when selecting "Economy." I called the Princess helpline, and they couldn't tell me anything. I called Jetblue and they couldn't help, either. Does anyone have experience that can tell me which level lines up with "Economy" on EZAir? 

EZair offline travel helpline should be able to tell you whether the fare selected includes baggage. They must be able to do a dummy booking and have a quick look at the fare filed in the record.  I am guessing the Princess website like most online booking engines will default to the cheapest restricted fare which will be hand baggage only. If Jetblue are showing on the Princess website as restricted then you can book it and add bags directly on their website once the ticket is issued and you have a booking reference. I would try calling EZair again and you might get a different agent. Jetblue will have no idea what fare princess are selling until a booking is created.

15 hours ago, mdowdy1 said:

Jetblue has multiple (five) levels of economy flights. "Blue Basic" allows zero carryon bags, does not allow seat selection, and has more mostly checked bag fees. "Blue" allows a carryon and seat selection. There is also "Blue Plus," "Blue Extra" and "Mint," but those three seem like premium economy. There is no way to tell which class of service you're booking on EZAir when selecting "Economy." I called the Princess helpline, and they couldn't tell me anything. I called Jetblue and they couldn't help, either. Does anyone have experience that can tell me which level lines up with "Economy" on EZAir? 

I just booked JetBlue Independently Yesterday.
Blue  or Blue extra allow

1-Carry On

1-Personal Item

1-$30 checked bag ($35 if paid at check in) 

-Pick  seats ahead of time 

Princess wouldn’t book Basic since you can’t bring even a overhead bag, pick your seats and are the very last to board. 

Most likely they will book Blue which would be considered economy,

I mocked booked yesterday through EZ Air and the prices lined up with Blue. 

Edited by Jadn13

@Jadn13 is right.  I recall pre-Covid doing air shopping on EZ-Air and it was around the time that the "mainstream" airlines had introduced the low-budget/no-frills pricing.  EZ-Air was selling the regular economy and not the stripped down fares.  I presume this would apply to JetBlue as well. 

20 hours ago, mdowdy1 said:

If you do the booking, you can look at the flight # and available seats on Princess, then go to seat guru dot com; on there you enter your airline, date and flight number; you'll see your plane (might have to work a little bit and toggle between what you see on Princess and what shows on seat guru to find the correct configuration of the plane as there may be a couple of possibilities). You can see on there which class you are in.

4 hours ago, jwattle said:

If you do the booking, you can look at the flight # and available seats on Princess, then go to seat guru dot com; on there you enter your airline, date and flight number; you'll see your plane (might have to work a little bit and toggle between what you see on Princess and what shows on seat guru to find the correct configuration of the plane as there may be a couple of possibilities). You can see on there which class you are in.

Thanks for that. I did go all the way to choosing seats, but not purchasing, and EZAir said I could not choose seats on that JetBlue flight, I had to come back after purchasing. It would let me choose seats on other carriers, which heightened my concern about it being Blue Basic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jwattle said:

Thanks for that. I did go all the way to choosing seats, but not purchasing, and EZAir said I could not choose seats on that JetBlue flight, I had to come back after purchasing. It would let me choose seats on other carriers, which heightened my concern about it being Blue Basic. 

• Like 1