On Demand Television on Getaway?

SwimCarrie

There are a couple of free movie channels, multiple news channels, some sports and some network tv (random shows).  Not on demand.  I believe there are also pay per view movies.  Was on the Getaway in October and the TV reception wasn't great a lot of the time. Could have been our location, hard to say.  Might want to download movies to a tablet to bring with you.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, kylenyc said:

Is it my imagination that any movie playing in Atrium also played on one of the stations in the cabin TV?

Well, answer is no, not really.  WYSIWYG - first, maybe in your stateroom & again, repeated in the atrium, or, vice versa ... premier showing for that sailing first in the atrium & subsequently, again in the privacy of your cabin (we "discovered" that on a rainy & wet sea day and were in our cabin, remote surfing)

The pay-per-view movies via interactive stateroom TV had a charge for most, (and, I believe - free for those in Haven at no charge) - about 60 of them, some fairly new.  

But, the (limited) variety & choices of free & inclusive channels for all had been very limited - those "Sole" hospitality brand TV sets were HD but horrible, at times, not even 720p ... maybe at most 480p - could be the satellite reception while at sea. 

Depending on the ship, I just pre-load our own HD programming onto the notebook PC, hook up the 6' HDMI cable to the side port, power up & switch input source and viola ... catch up on our "watch later" series.  Newer TV's used on the Gem & Dawn since they refurbished and replaced the older sets, couldn't do it - firmware locked & HDMI input source disabled ...  Plan C, go to the tablet or iPad with bluetooth earbuds instead,  if boredom is an issue.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SwimCarrie said:

First NCL cruise in many years. Can someone please fill me in on television/movie availability in the cabin in a standard balcony cabin? Are there On Demand TV shows and movies? 

Pay per view movies are available. Examples of current shows and [not-exciting] channel line up:

image.thumb.png.0650d5879c7ff8110ec61ae5f7b681dc.png

image.thumb.png.ff5220b97e08f96e9ea1dabda7b72888.png

image.thumb.png.01c860ec91975c54cfa3a5e7cd00ebda.png

image.thumb.png.b5b2886b4100deefce7e9c27a78aa408.png

image.thumb.png.87a5bf66b112a27689407b732ef9f69c.png

image.thumb.png.46e2ebf6614ceacc8699d8cb559fb6fe.png

image.thumb.png.01d78b2cd6a3be21aa51111b0b8e1c42.png

image.thumb.png.8dc5795d8bfcfc397f45b41aa2fb80db.png

image.thumb.png.3fc22e00d591637922854309af939ef4.png

image.thumb.png.d699df96d913c6ef382bbbfa0a31ebaf.png