Wine Shops in San Juan

donaldsc

I am sailing on Viking and I can bring wine on board.  I did a Google search on San Juan wine shops and did not come up with anything that sounds exciting.   I was thinking of picking the stuff up on my cab trip from the airport so it doesn't have to be downtown.  Interestingly, Walmart came up on the search results.  Some of the Walmart stores in the US have decent wine selections.  Does anyone know if the selection is decent in San Juan.

Also, I see that there is a Costco in San Juan.  Again, the wine selection in my local Costco is pretty decent.  What about in San Juan.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

I responded earlier, guess it didn't take from Chrome.

But every super market in San Juan sells wine. There's a Super Max on Calle Cruz/Calle San Francisco. Also the CVS store near the piers.

The Costco store is pretty far away south and east of OSJ and would probably cost you double what you would pay for wine, just one way.  Similarly, there's a large wine place with a lot of selection also south east on Chardon.  Again though taxi fare will more than double the cost of your wines.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 4:50 PM, zeppgirl said:

Was going to ask the same thing here. Any wine tasting rooms or wineries in San Juan?  Would love to taste before buying.

Again, the shops out in the Condado area and eastern San Juan have tastings from time to time. la Boutique du Vin does tastings.  There are no vineyards in PR near San Juan.  There's a vineyard near Guanica that has tours on Sunday afternoons.  Not sure of any others.