Latest news on Private Tours

CLS/KAS

Hello All

Heading to St Kitts end of Jan '22

Cab driver I use is telling me as of today they are waiting for restrictions to be lifted.. still

I am with a group of over 300 people, know the Island, and really want to use my friends,

that I have learned to trust, and support, to tour with. 

I don't want to be forced to buy the Ships tour...5 time here...

I am now about 75 days out.. know not to wait too long to book excursions..

anyone have latest news Pls

thanks

• Like 1

As always subject to change, but for December through RCL - St. Kitts, Barbados and St Lucia are exempt. 

Going Ashore in Ports of Call

Tours Required to Go Ashore

Due to current requirements of your itinerary, all guests on December sailings from Barbados will need to book a tour if they wish to go ashore in ports of call, regardless of vaccination status. We will continue to update booked guests and the information on this page as we know more about this requirement for future sailings.

Note: Fully vaccinated guests visiting St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts may depart the ship to visit the designated, enclosed port area and purchase tours from local independent operators to go into port. Independent tour operators are unaffiliated with Royal Caribbean.

Healthy Shore Excursions

Royal Caribbean has worked with local tour operators to ensure they follow our Healthy Sail Panel health guidance for all Shore Excursions in ports of call. These tours are available at a variety of price points and may be purchased in advance on Cruise Planner or once onboard using the Royal Caribbean App.

• Like 1

Important to note .. the above is for cruises departing from Barbados not Florida. There is a lot of confusion regarding this so make sure you select the correct departure port when looking at the requirements. Florida departures are required to have a bubble excursion for Nov and December - EDITED for new information that this was added to Florida departure port restrictions:

Note: Fully vaccinated guests visiting St. Lucia, Barbados and St. Kitts may depart the ship to visit the designated, enclosed port area and purchase tours from local independent operators to go into port. Independent tour operators are unaffiliated with Royal Caribbean.

Edited by theLCC1

8 hours ago, Chauncey Picklepants said:

Where is this info coming from?  

1 hour ago, indie said:

Yes can someone please post the link on Royals site if permitted. I can't find it

Select your departure port in the "Where are you sailing from?" box   on the top of this page to get the applicable protocols:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

2 minutes ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

We’re on Princess in January 2022 and heard that you can’t leave the ship unless you’re on a bubble tour so we just booked Scenic Railway and Coastal Cruise excursion 

That's correct, but rather than relying on what you heard it's best to get the official facts from the cruise line. For a US-based cruise you'll find that information here:

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

We recommend that you always carry your proof of vaccination and your negative COVID-19 test results from embarkation when going ashore. Currently, only Princess shore excursions are permitted in:

• Bridgetown, Barbados
  • Roseau, Dominica
  • Basseterre, St. Kitts
  • Castries, St. Lucia

9 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Select your departure port in the "Where are you sailing from?" box   on the top of this page to get the applicable protocols:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/getting-ready-to-cruise

Thank you! So it appears you can leave the ship and take a tour with a government approved operator from the port area.

6 minutes ago, indie said:

Thank you! So it appears you can leave the ship and take a tour with a government approved operator from the port area.

Yes, you can use either a cruise line tour or a government approved independent tour operator. You can't go outside the port area on your own.

Edited by njhorseman

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

Yes, you can use either a cruise line tour or a government approved independent tour operator. You can't go outside the port area on your own.

That is what I wanted. Thank you!

10 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Just keep in mind that these protocols can change at the drop of a hat so check them regularly between now and your cruise.

Thanks, I'm sailing Sunday on Harmony of The Seas and we were just switched from Antigua to St Kitts yesterday evening due to Antigua not being dredged enough for Oasis Class ships. Will hit St. Kitts on the 24th. They just put up ship tours this morning but none I really like for the price and none are discounted.

I have emailed Thenford Grey and Royston who have been highly recommend by cruise critic members to see if they are offering tours from the port area.

Edited by indie
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, indie said:

Thanks, I'm sailing Sunday on Harmony of The Seas and we were just switched from Antigua to St Kitts yesterday evening due to Antigua not being dredged enough for Oasis Class ships. Will hit St. Kitts on the 24th. They just put up ship tours this morning but none I really like for the price and none are discounted.

I have emailed Thenford Grey and Royston who have been highly recommend by cruise critic members to see if they are offering tours from the port area.

Would you be kind enough to share what they say. We're stopping there in about 3 weeks and still struggling to find something that would be interesting to both of us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dogdoc2002 said:

Would you be kind enough to share what they say. We're stopping there in about 3 weeks and still struggling to find something that would be interesting to both of us.

Below was a reply from Thenford Grey

We are in a struggle to get approval to freely conduct our tours from the ships. I have been engaged in this effort all day today. There are stringent COVID 19 protocols that are being rigidly enforced, but we may be finding a way to satisfy all the demands. 

I am prepared to conduct your tour on the 24th, if your ship gives you permission and my Tourism Authority gives me permission. 

Kindest regards,
Thenford Grey

I will update how it turned out when we return.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Also received the following email from Royal today.

Dear Guest,

We are excited to welcome you onboard our upcoming November 21st, 2021 Harmony of the Seas sailing! But first, we wanted to provide you with a friendly reminder for your time in Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis.

When visiting St. Kitts, all guests, regardless of vaccination status, must book a tour if they wish to explore the port.

• Parties traveling with unvaccinated guests must book a tour through Royal Caribbean International to go ashore.
  • Fully vaccinated guests may depart the ship and visit the enclosed port area on their own. If they wish to visit further areas in the island, vaccinated guests may book a tour with our Royal Caribbean Shore Excursions team or depart the ship to visit the enclosed port area to purchase approved local tours provided by the St. Kitts government. Please note that tours offered in the port area are with independent tour operators unaffiliated with Royal Caribbean International. All guests are also subject to local restrictions and requirements in the ports we visit.

For more information on the exciting shore excursion available for Basseterre, feel free to browse your options via the Royal Caribbean app as soon as you arrive onboard or stop by our Shore Excursions Desk located on Deck 5. Our team will gladly help you find the perfect excursion for you and your family.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

• Thanks 1

We were in St. Kitts last week off the Explorer of the Seas.  Based on Royal website and info they shared we booked the Carambola Beach Break.  We were with a MOB of others on the tour and the resort was VERY Busy.  We were only allowed to stay at the beach for 3 hours, which isn't enough for me.  I did see Taxi Tour drivers offering tours so when we returned to the port I asked at the St. Kitts tour desk at the port if we would have been ok to book with them and they said yes as long as we agreed to go where the drivers were allowed to take us we could have taken our own tour.  When I do it next I will save alot of $ and book with a private driver to be able to stay on the beach much longer.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kjenaz said:

We were in St. Kitts last week off the Explorer of the Seas.  Based on Royal website and info they shared we booked the Carambola Beach Break.  We were with a MOB of others on the tour and the resort was VERY Busy.  We were only allowed to stay at the beach for 3 hours, which isn't enough for me.  I did see Taxi Tour drivers offering tours so when we returned to the port I asked at the St. Kitts tour desk at the port if we would have been ok to book with them and they said yes as long as we agreed to go where the drivers were allowed to take us we could have taken our own tour.  When I do it next I will save alot of $ and book with a private driver to be able to stay on the beach much longer.

How is the port mapped out now with all the vendors that are approved- how do you know who is approved once you disembark the ship? Are taxis selling tours- these are approved as well? Would love to just take one to Carambola and really don't want to purchase the ship tour due to the minimal time at the beach. 

I have the same question - is there any list of "approved independent tour operators" at the enclosed port area in St. Kitts?  I'm on a February Celebrity cruise and this letter they received onboard was provided by a current cruiser.  I'd just like to hire an approved taxi to take us to and from a beach (not the one the Cruise ship tour is going to-Carambola) but would also like to see whatelse these approved operators could provide.  Thanks!

C8D780D7-F2C5-4B33-A49D-59196F036BDC.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 11:51 AM, RocCruisers said:

As always subject to change, but for December through RCL - St. Kitts, Barbados and St Lucia are exempt. 

Going Ashore in Ports of Call

Tours Required to Go Ashore

Due to current requirements of your itinerary, all guests on December sailings from Barbados will need to book a tour if they wish to go ashore in ports of call, regardless of vaccination status. We will continue to update booked guests and the information on this page as we know more about this requirement for future sailings.

Healthy Shore Excursions

Royal Caribbean has worked with local tour operators to ensure they follow our Healthy Sail Panel health guidance for all Shore Excursions in ports of call. These tours are available at a variety of price points and may be purchased in advance on Cruise Planner or once onboard using the Royal Caribbean App.

thank you for this!!

On 11/17/2021 at 3:56 PM, theLCC1 said:

Important to note .. the above is for cruises departing from Barbados not Florida. There is a lot of confusion regarding this so make sure you select the correct departure port when looking at the requirements. Florida departures are required to have a bubble excursion for Nov and December - EDITED for new information that this was added to Florida departure port restrictions:

and thank you for this!!..

All,

We had booked thru the ship. There were many many people that were herded into lines that wrapped back and forth thru the building below.  From that line we were taken to a gate on the right side of this picture and sent in groups to cabs.  When we reached the resort each cab driver gave his group a time to be back at the resort entrance for the return trip.  We were able to walk the entire length of the beach and even went down to one of the other bars who we had visited before covid.  At the end of our time the cab driver took us back to the far end of the fenced off shopping area.  

Based on what I watched while waiting for our cab driver, when we returned I stopped at the Booth on the right side of this picture.  An employee told me that as of that day and for future trips we can just get off and arrange a tour with a cab driver thru her.  

A Relaxing Day with the Black Sands of Shipwreck Beach St. Kitts

Note that based on what RCCL had posted, we booked thru the ship, but for future trips I will not go with the herds of people, but instead will book privately.  I will note that we did book a private tour for our group in Antiqua, and found out that we could have done the same in Barbados.

This was our experience, but everyone needs to contact RCCL or make an interpretation for themselves.  Also note that our entire group were vaccinated.  The rules are VERY different if you have children who have not been vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kjenaz said:

All,

We had booked thru the ship. There were many many people that were herded into lines that wrapped back and forth thru the building below.  From that line we were taken to a gate on the right side of this picture and sent in groups to cabs.  When we reached the resort each cab driver gave his group a time to be back at the resort entrance for the return trip.  We were able to walk the entire length of the beach and even went down to one of the other bars who we had visited before covid.  At the end of our time the cab driver took us back to the far end of the fenced off shopping area.  

Based on what I watched while waiting for our cab driver, when we returned I stopped at the Booth on the right side of this picture.  An employee told me that as of that day and for future trips we can just get off and arrange a tour with a cab driver thru her.  

Note that based on what RCCL had posted, we booked thru the ship, but for future trips I will not go with the herds of people, but instead will book privately.  I will note that we did book a private tour for our group in Antiqua, and found out that we could have done the same in Barbados.

This was our experience, but everyone needs to contact RCCL or make an interpretation for themselves.  Also note that our entire group were vaccinated.  The rules are VERY different if you have children who have not been vaccinated.

Wow.  I cancelled for this very reason.  A $47 pp three-hour beach taxi ride disguised as a  “beach break” where you could drive by and wave to a beach [of their choosing] on Barbados (and that sold out anyway!) from 8am - 11 am was unacceptable.
 Looks like they’ve evaluated and relaxed the rules some.  
Perhaps these cab drivers/tour operators are simply providing vaccination proof to participate? 

Would it be fair to assume from the info you gathered (thank you!)  that you think those cab drivers approved by the desk could take you to any beach for any length of time?

I've booked again for April, same itinerary, with the understanding that anything can happen, and I will be hoping for more clarity from the cruise line. 

Edited by Chauncey Picklepants

13 hours ago, kjenaz said:

All,

Thank you SO much for posting this great feedback. Our family is fully vaccinated and we were hoping that we can book directly with a taxi driver to do a full beach day vs the 3 hour one’s offered by the ship. Based on your great updates, sounds like that is possible?

• Like 1