When will we know our boarding time?

jmfdr

We depart on our first Viking ocean cruise on November 26.  When and how will we be notified of our boarding time?  There is nothing to indicate that on MVJ or that we have received in emails from Viking.  

All passengers can embark the ship  at 11am, with suites getting cabin access at 11am with later cabin access for other grades, latest being 3pm.  This information is found in the room details in the pull down menu under ships.  The details about all cabins can be found there.  

May be slightly different because of Covid restrictions of course.  
We were impressed by Viking’s handling of embarkation during our cruise in September.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmfdr said:

We depart on our first Viking ocean cruise on November 26.  When and how will we be notified of our boarding time?  There is nothing to indicate that on MVJ or that we have received in emails from Viking.  

We depart on our first Viking cruise on November 29th, so I called Viking to ask about embarkation times and was told the same thing - everyone can board at 11:00 AM. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tom.in.nc said:

Anyone able to access MVJ right now (11am EST)?  I get kicked back to long screen.

I just logged in. No problems.

Try again. If that doesn't work, try another browser or device.

If you still can't get in a few hours from now, contact Viking for help or explanation.

6 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

If you still can't get in a few hours from now, contact Viking for help or explanation.

Tried 4 different devices before posting, but now all seems well again…. But STILL nothing new on the World Cruise excursions there.

Thanks for response,

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeriGail said:

We depart on our first Viking cruise on November 29th, so I called Viking to ask about embarkation times and was told the same thing - everyone can board at 11:00 AM. 

Those with flights arriving early morning and Viking transfers need not worry. While it differs from port to port, Viking will try to get you on board just as soon as they have cleared the ship of departing pax.

If you arriving on your own, aim for 11 am or later (BTW luncheon buffet closes at 2pm, Pool Grill is open until 3pm, Living Room Bar serves snacks all day long)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CharTrav said:

I find that the World Cafe or any of the the other venues are a great way to pass the time until your cabin is ready. Viking makes the wait painless. 

Feel free to check your cabin when you board.

Viking does not announce that the cabins are ready until they are all available. And, while it says the last cabins will be available at 3pm, the housekeeping staff prides itself on consistently beating that deadline; their goal is 2pm for all cabins.

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Feel free to check your cabin when you board.

Viking does not announce that the cabins are ready until they are all available. And, while it says the last cabins will be available at 3pm, the housekeeping staff prides itself on consistently beating that deadline; their goal is 2pm for all cabins.

Good to know! Altho having a leisurely lunch is nice too!

Boarding starts at 11 am, but rooms may or may not be ready then.  The day before yesterday, there was an announcement made around 11:30 that access was available for all cabins.  

So this may depend on how quickly the cabins are turned around.  I do know that there were a lot of very early morning flights out of Barcelona on Sunday, so cabin stewards may have gotten a jump on turning over the cabins of those leaving.

3 hours ago, Mich3554 said:

SNIP

So this may depend on how quickly the cabins are turned around.  I do know that there were a lot of very early morning flights out of Barcelona on Sunday, so cabin stewards may have gotten a jump on turning over the cabins of those leaving.

VIKING offered a 6 am bus to Barcelona airport on our 2019 arrival. Light breakfast was available from 5 am.