Car Rental, Route and Places to see

cessnabmw

Are there any car rental companies at the port that we can book prior or do we have to do it while there? 

We're 2 adults and two teenage kids. 

Suggestions on places to drive to? Best beaches? Sights? Driving route? 

Thanks! 

I am interested in the same info. We will be in the Aruba Port on the Oceania Riviera on Sunday, Dec. 26th.

We too would like info on renting a car at the Port for the day to drive to the various beaches and sites. From my reading, Palm Beach is supposedly the nicest. We prefer independent sightseeing when possible as opposed to the cruise line excursions. Hoping someone offer up some info to help.

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking for the same info for early 2022.  Google maps shows a Hertz site right at the port, but I cannot get to that site through the Hertz web site.  

Thinking of a driving round trip hitting these spots.  Some of the roads look questionable - are they paved/passable in a rental car?

Ayo Rock Formation

Andicuri Beach

Natural Bridge Aruba (Are this and Andicuri Beach an easy walk from each other?)

Arashi Beach or Eagle Beach (Is public parking available??)

Aloe Factory

If time the Archeological Museum

• 2 months later...

I just called Budget rent a car today to reserve a car for our trip in May.  We're getting a Toyota Rav 4 for $111 for the day.  They will pick us up at the Renaissance Marina Hotel across the street and we are to return the car to their office and they will drive us back to port.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 2:31 PM, jsf said:

We were thinking of renting a Jeep for a day, we know half the island is a desert so we want to explore. Any tips on where to rent from?

We rented a Freedom Jeep to tour. It looks like an armored Jeep. I think it will be cool touring around in it and seeing the sites. I am trying to get a list of places together to see. Someone mentioned that going to the natural pool is a waste because of the time to get there and back.

On 12/22/2022 at 4:50 AM, BoozinCroozin said:

We rented a Freedom Jeep to tour. It looks like an armored Jeep. I think it will be cool touring around in it and seeing the sites. I am trying to get a list of places together to see. Someone mentioned that going to the natural pool is a waste because of the time to get there and back.

About what does it run per day?  I don't see pricing on their website.  Thanks in advance!

We rented from Avis for our upcoming February cruise.  I believe we pick our car up in town.  We have driven around Aruba before using a UTV type dune buggy (they don't do day rentals anymore unfortunately), and cars from Avis and I believe another company.  We like to snorkel and hike so we look for things like that.  We did do the natural pools with the buggy.  Complete waste of time.  Hot, sticky, slow...  I wouldn't do it unless I was helicoptered in for a selfie.  We visited the gold mines, the natural bridge, Philips Garden (animals), Malmok beach for snorkeling, Boca Catalina for snorkeling, Baby beach, Arashni beach...etc... all on different trips.  What we do is pick 3 spots and then spend a decent amount of time at all 3.  We also download a map of aruba on google maps and pin areas we want to see.  This way its easier to drive around.  The roads are easy to navigate and well kept in my memory from 2020 which was the last time we were there.

On 12/27/2022 at 3:00 PM, Delbo said:

About what does it run per day?  I don't see pricing on their website.  Thanks in advance!

Going from memory, but it is like $160 for 8 hours. That includes insurance. Have to read the contract because it has to come back fueled up or it is $18 per liter.