hotels about 1 hour from port canaveral

dahirsh

11 hours ago, scottca075 said:

But driving all the way to Titusville puts you only about 30 minutes from Port Canaveral. Why stop?

Hi, I agree🙂.....that is why I posted the same thing earlier.........for another 1/2 hour? Just stay in Cocoa. 

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi rka🙂....in my opinion, if they take your suggestion, they ought to drive down the extra 40 minutes and stay in Cocoa Beach.........that is 5 minutes from the port. (like I said that is just my opinion).

20 hours ago, scottca075 said:

That is just what I was going to say. If you are going as far as Titusville, you might as well go on into Port Canaveral.

The following poster stated what I was thinking when I made my suggestion about Titusville.  I remember when I was deciding where to stay, I chose the Titusville area for two reasons:  #1:  it was more inexpensive for an overnight stay than staying at Cocoa or the resort area in general.  #2:  I did not want deal with the traffic that I know I would have experienced in the resort area just for an overnight stay.

19 hours ago, alohayall said:

The cluster of hotels on I-95 near Titusville seem to offer reasonable prices.  They don’t seem to swing with cruise ship departures as much as the ones in Port Canaveral (when I have checked).  You have a choice of the entry-level hotels (Hampton Inn by Hilton, TownPlace by Marriott, Holiday Inn…). Cracker Barrel, Starbucks, … nearby.  Then, an easy 25 mile drive down to the port.  

The number of choices for dining and places to stay have increased since I was there, apparently.  

Why stop in Titusville?

The OP wanted somewhere close, but short of, the port.

(As you get older, you might find long drives just aren’t as easy.  Figure how far you want to go and plan your drive destination.  And driving in the dark may not be ideal.  My trip planning has changed.)

Keeping it budget friendly.  The high-end suggestions were not what the OP was looking for.  If Port C hotels have great rates for the night, I’d say consider one of them.

We come with our own rationales and preferences; and I throw my ideas out with some of them spelled out.  Personally, I pretty much stick with Hilton, Marriott - and more recently - Hyatt properties, to earn points and to have a fairly good idea of what I am getting.  And I read TripAdvisor and forums.  And look at Google maps a lot to get area information.  (And combined with personal experience).  I actually am not a fan of the Cocoa / Port Canaveral area; I’d rather just stay off I-95 sort of in the middle of nowhere.

And I take into consideration what posters say - and get some really good advice - and like that they may get me to consider other options 🙂. Thank you. 

If the OP hadn’t mentioned parking at the port, I probably would have suggested a Sleep and Park cruise package in Port Canaveral.

• Like 1

Every time we drive down to Port Canaveral from Charlotte, NC, we stay in Kingsland, GA.  It's the last exit before the FL border and there are a wide variety of hotels immediately off of the exit.  (One you just drive across the street and straight into the parking lot.)

On 11/17/2021 at 10:35 AM, Qchell said:

Every time we drive down to Port Canaveral from Charlotte, NC, we stay in Kingsland, GA.  It's the last exit before the FL border and there are a wide variety of hotels immediately off of the exit.  (One you just drive across the street and straight into the parking lot.)

We are in NC also, but closer to Va. We did the same as you, drove to Kingsland Ga. Eight & 1/2 hours of driving. It was about a 3 hour drive to PC.