Just back! Our VIKING SKY-tastic 7 day Iconic Mediterranean cruise. November 7 - 14, 2021. Full trip report with tons of pix.

Sleep7

Although Italy was not allowing cruise passengers to be out and about on their own we did have a little free time to walk just around Piazza Santa Croce at the end of the day.  It was also the meeting point to catch the bus back to the ship. 

Interesting that there is a Jewish Star of David on the front of the Basilica of Santa Croce.

I googled more about it.

"The Jewish architect Niccolo Matas from Ancona, designed the church's façade, working a prominent Star of David into the composition. Matas had wanted to be buried with his peers but because he was Jewish, he was buried under the threshold and honored with an inscription."

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Rc0XY7IVGZJMZWWyfuFwWWV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1636946111

We also passed this Florentine sandwich shop which seemed to be even more popular than all the museums, statues and leather shops combined.

The line was literally all the way around the block.

All young people.. must be a instagram thing.😉

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TOXBtBgsfcBhvUHy_fIgyUqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1636946114

2 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

👋Hi bbtondo!

What a funny coincidence!  How lucky were we all about the weather.. right?

Bet you had an awesome week too.😃

👋Hi Tinalee!

Oh it's my pleasure to write this.. there will be no detail overlooked.

You are going to have the best time ever!😃

We had a wonderful  week with wonderful weather!

I love your  picture filled  trip report. Your  itinerary brings back memories of my very first cruise way back in 2008 going to the same places and more. 

The Lotus menu at Chef Table looks delicious.

Thank. you for your very detailed trip report. 

Edited by Azulann

5 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

Had an outstanding dinner at Manfredi's Italian Restaurant.  Probably our favorite of the week.

We know Nicholas, the maitre d’ in your pic.  He was on Orion when we sailed her for two months in 2018 and he was on Sky during our Iceland cruise this summer.  Nice to see friends on board!

Great trip report! Thanks for all the information.

Are you able to see the Chet's Table Menu restaurant prior to entering? It seems like there's only one choice per menu. My boyfriend doesn't like seafood, so we may have an issue with this.

This is a most enjoyable and helpful set of posts thank you. Just the right balance of information and anecdotes. Wish more were like this one rather than death by a thousand posts, bad attempts at humour and or photos 😂  Thank you SO much 

👋Hi Jerry!

Thanks so much for your sweet compliments. We did have a wonderful cruise and it's fun to write about it to relive it a bit. That's so funny that you know who Nicholas is! What a truly nice guy.

👋Hi Azulann!

I'm so glad that my review brought back so many nice memories.

I loved reading your trip report from a few weeks ago!

👋Hi Jammy Bun!

Lucky you going to the Med in a month and next year as well.  No matter how many times you go to these ports they are still wonderful.  It's a perfect cruise for the old timers and the new timers.

👋Hi Frenchberet!

Thank you so much for your kind words about my report! It was a marvelous trip and so fun to reflect on it too.

👋Hi Mikelan6!

Thanks for the compliments! 

RE the Chef's Table: Yes.. you can see exactly what the menu is before you makes a reservation.  They are also super flexible as far as what they will serve you if you don't want something on the set menu.  The first question your server will ask you when you sit down is whether you have any allergies or food preferences they should know about.  They will tailor the menu to suit your taste.

👋Hi uktog!  So nice to see your post.. I feel like we are old friends from the Azamara board.

Your compliments about my writing is truly everything!! Thanks!! Thanks!! Thanks!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

👋Hi uktog!  So nice to see your post.. I feel like we are old friends from the Azamara board.

Your compliments about my writing is truly everything!! Thanks!! Thanks!! Thanks!!!

Fingers crossed (covid rates willing etc etc etc) our first Viking will be in Search of the Northern lights next March so I am avidly trying to learn the key information and "good to know" things ahead of that adventure

👋Hi Denise859!

Thank you so much for your compliments! So glad I'm bringing back nice Med memories for you.

Bet you had an awesome time as well.

👋Hi again uktog!

I will cross my fingers for you too that all the planets (and the Northern Lights) will align and you will be able to go.  March is coming up soon! So exciting.

• Like 1

👋Hi duquephart! Yes.. wouldn't it be nice to have the time to go away for 2 weeks in a row.

Alas.. husband had to go back to work.🤷‍♀️

👋Hi Mrs. Miggins.. another "old pal" from the Azamara board!

Thank you so much for the compliment and I agree totally that these tried and true Med ports never get old. Enjoy your New Years cruise. It's coming soon!

👋Hi Larry2021!

You are welcome so much for the pictures and report.  It was a true pleasure to write!  Lucky you that you will be going in November 2022.  It was a lovely truly time of year to go.😃