Price drop on Britannia Caribbean cruise

seapals2

On 12/10/2021 at 12:24 PM, wowzz said:

Not any more - they give you additional benefits, such as an improved cabin grade, but not a cash refund.

However, the Saga pricing model is pretty straightforward,  with prices increasing in 5% increments as the cruise sells through, so it is very rare for prices to decrease.  

Thanks wowzz I didn’t read the small print - the difference is given back as an upgrade or other things as you said - that’s useful to know - but still a good benefit.

… and our story has a happy ending.  TA rang this morning and finally we have been allowed to transfer to a new sailing late in the year.  For a small increase in fare we have been able to book a suite on a Southampton sailing.  Hopefully cruises will have returned to more normal times.  
Feel like a weight has been taken off our shoulders.  Holidays aren’t meant to be so stressful.  

• Like 3

We paid over £4K to go on the Britannia on 31st January for our honeymoon. I too saw the decrease in price and emailed them. They don’t give you any perks what so ever for being on your honeymoon and I also asked if they could give us anything for us spending over £2k more than what they’re now offering the holiday for. Like I thought, absolutely nothing they can offer as they’d have to do it for everyone so just have to accept. Just more annoying that the whole holiday has now turned way more expensive due to excursions needed and covid testing etc!!

5 hours ago, JessicaB97 said:

We paid over £4K to go on the Britannia on 31st January for our honeymoon. I too saw the decrease in price and emailed them. They don’t give you any perks what so ever for being on your honeymoon and I also asked if they could give us anything for us spending over £2k more than what they’re now offering the holiday for. Like I thought, absolutely nothing they can offer as they’d have to do it for everyone so just have to accept. Just more annoying that the whole holiday has now turned way more expensive due to excursions needed and covid testing etc!!

Meant to say 31 December not January!

5 hours ago, JessicaB97 said:

They don’t give you any perks what so ever for being on your honeymoon

First of all, congratulations on your marriage. Unfortunately on most cruises every other couple seem to be celebrating marriages,  birthdays, anniversaries etc, and it is simply not practical to give out "perks" to everyone.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

First of all, congratulations on your marriage. Unfortunately on most cruises every other couple seem to be celebrating marriages,  birthdays, anniversaries etc, and it is simply not practical to give out "perks" to everyone.

Thanks. That’s fair enough but a token gesture goes a long way, I had my hen party onboard Regal Princess and got a bottle of Prosecco in the room. They could just say they’ll note it down or something. But instead they send you a honeymoon wish list for you to send to family and friends and then tell you to use it as your wedding list so that wedding guests can buy you excursions 😂😂 each to their own but personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing that. 

4 minutes ago, JessicaB97 said:

Thanks. That’s fair enough but a token gesture goes a long way, I had my hen party onboard Regal Princess and got a bottle of Prosecco in the room. They could just say they’ll note it down or something. But instead they send you a honeymoon wish list for you to send to family and friends and then tell you to use it as your wedding list so that wedding guests can buy you excursions 😂😂 each to their own but personally I wouldn’t feel comfortable doing that. 

Whilst you probably won't get any commitment from P&O HQ, with regards to any gestures, quite often the staff on board ship will do something a little extra for you.

Interestingly,  with Princess, you can use the app to advise of any special events. We have advised them that we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary whilst cruising with them. We are not expecting anything,  but will be pleasantly surprised if anything happens.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Whilst you probably won't get any commitment from P&O HQ, with regards to any gestures, quite often the staff on board ship will do something a little extra for you.

Interestingly,  with Princess, you can use the app to advise of any special events. We have advised them that we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary whilst cruising with them. We are not expecting anything,  but will be pleasantly surprised if anything happens.

ah congrats 🥳 yes you’re most likely right. I think it was the kind lady who saw us at Southampton docks that sorted out the Prosecco in the room as I didn’t actually tell anyone we were celebrating 🙂 

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

A few years ago we were in Lanzarote on DW's 60th. I obviously gave her a card. She put it on the side in the bedroom. The hotel gave her a nice chocolate cake. Trouble was we had been out all day. When we got back about 7.00pm, it looked a bit runny.🤣