Moon across the pond, Lisbon to Ft Lauderdale

Silver Spectre

Terrific pizza last night in Spaccanapoli accompanied by a lovely Italian red (sorry missed the name). Fantastic service. Very quiet as it was beginning to rain quite hard - just officers of the ship dining with us. 

Premium wifi has been much better than expected. That said I didn’t actually want very good internet connectivity. 🤣

My intention with my posts has been to provide as accurate of a reflection of our actual experience as possible, so that readers can know what to expect and plan accordingly. The experience, while occasionally uneven, has been overwhelmingly positive on Silver Moon. 

Silversea is only our second cruise line, having previously sailed several times on Crystal. We have enjoyed the experience thoroughly and will book a Silversea voyage again if the itinerary and timing are attractive to us. The only clause on that is that we will be reluctant to book on Moon and Dawn if we are voyaging to a destination where outside forward views would be important, such as in the Norwegian or Chilean fjords. That causes an inner conflict as we have so enjoyed Salt Kitchen. 

Likely to disengage at this point and relish the rest of this lovely, peaceful cruise. I didn’t come here to participate in disputation. Apologies to anyone I may have inadvertently offended. Bon voyage, everyone! 👋

DC5E6175-3D0B-4174-B97F-268B17449A82.thumb.jpeg.9ff4113ab91a4682b03062aef7276afc.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For those on board, thanks for sharing. We are so looking forward to embarkation on Thursday. We even have a plan for observation lounge topside viewing  For those embarking or continuing on to Quayaquil looking forward to meeting you all. For those not joining us, we will keep you posted on progress. 

One last request fro those on board - please advise who the jazz duo are in Silver Note?

8 hours ago, wine-wine-wine said:

The only clause on that is that we will be reluctant to book on Moon and Dawn if we are voyaging to a destination where outside forward views would be important, such as in the Norwegian or Chilean fjords.

It could be that the restriction on access to the deck 12 forward viewing area was a decision of the captain (not corporate) and was based on various considerations such as sea swells, etc.  Or there could be liability/insurance reasons.  Other captains in calm waters (Panama Canal, Norwegian fjords) may open that area.  

1 hour ago, Observer said:

It could be that the restriction on access to the deck 12 forward viewing area was a decision of the captain (not corporate) and was based on various considerations such as sea swells, etc.  Or there could be liability/insurance reasons.  Other captains in calm waters (Panama Canal, Norwegian fjords) may open that area.  

Unfortunately it looks like a permanent sign

D572A539-3A23-4F6D-BFD1-47631DAAA4D1.jpeg

Edited by Silver Spectre

42 minutes ago, bitob said:

I too am on this cruise 

crystal devotee on silversea for first time

i have a long thread on crystal boards making comparisons and observations if anyone is interested 

We are booked on Silver Muse next October, have been on Crystal, and very much liked it, so really enjoyed your review and comparison. We too have reserved Silver Suite and was happy with your positive comments. 

1 minute ago, docmark said:

We are booked on Silver Muse next October, have been on Crystal, and very much liked it, so really enjoyed your review and comparison. We too have reserved Silver Suite and was happy with your positive comments. 

Thx. I have tried to be objective. No ship or cruise line  is perfect. We have another silversea cruise booked and we are not cancelling. We may have to bring our own bread however. Lol

we love the suite. Our butler is one of the best I’ve had on any ship 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TrulyBlonde said:

I wondered when you would show up over here 🙂

Too funny. I figured my crystal friends would be more interested in my take on silversea than silversea devotees   There has been considerable interest. Crystal only has 2 ocean vessels so most crystal devotees look for alternatives. IMO silversea is another option. I think it is a lot like seabourn with butlers and more dining options 

• Like 1