Free COVID Tests?

patcacmt

12 hours ago, Coralc said:

I was at Rite Aid today and they were advertising free Covid Tests. (And there was a small line of people) I would think you could get a free test at any of the chain pharmacies by just checking the box that you were exposed. You really don't know that you haven't been since the virus is circulating in the population. :classic_smile:

The Rite Aid here does "free" tests. They're PCR and not Rapid so don't work for travel as results are not back soon enough. Still looking for somewhere here in So Cal (Beaumont area) that does the Rapid or Antigen at no cost. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 9:36 AM, clochette said:

where do you live?  I wish we had them free here in NY

Ohio. Call your local health department too.  They would know where you can find them.  

ETA:  My 7 year old wasn't fully vaccinated for our cruise so we also needed to get him tested but I was concerned with holiday turnaround. Our Minute Clinic (CVS owned) does the exact same RCCL testing - but it's done by a person (which works for the RCCL requirement for unvaccinated children).  Results were within an hour.  And we selected "for travel" and haven't paid.   

Edited by ceb104

On 11/21/2021 at 7:35 PM, RoyalC said:

One hour? I have at least four drive-up sites/storefronts or more within 10 minutes of me- I'm 45 miles outside of Chicago. Another sent a flyer saying they will come to my home! 

Can you share where these drive-up sites are and do they do the rapid test?  I live in Plainfield and will need testing for our 1/29 B2B.  We used the tests from Optima in October and only ordered a 2 pack.  No problems with them but now I keep reading about people having problems with them.  I know I would be in a panic if that happened to me.  Thinking it might be better to get one in person somewhere.

On 11/22/2021 at 7:21 AM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

The Rite Aid here does "free" tests. They're PCR and not Rapid so don't work for travel as results are not back soon enough. Still looking for somewhere here in So Cal (Beaumont area) that does the Rapid or Antigen at no cost. 

Would like to book cruise out of LA so watching this. Please share if you find a place that will work.   TIA