Celebrity with Kids? Or stick to RC

Manda917

On 11/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, Guppy99 said:

So you would prefer to have children along that are bored and have long faces? If you have children, you would know how much personal pleasure you get from your children's joy. You're absolutely right...probably best you don't have children that you have to take on vacation. 

I have children and always got a lot of joy from their happiness/fun/enjoyment.  They also knew in my home it was not a democracy until they were 18, until then it was a kingdom and I was the king.  They enjoyed whatever vacation we decided to go on and still talk about them as adults.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 4:19 PM, Guppy99 said:

So you would prefer to have children along that are bored and have long faces? If you have children, you would know how much personal pleasure you get from your children's joy. You're absolutely right...probably best you don't have children that you have to take on vacation. 

That's up to the parents to see that their kids aren't bored and pouting but enjoying themselves not the cruise line job. The kids should consider themselves lucky and fortunate to even be on a cruise.

I know I'm right, that's why I said it. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I might also consider is your budget for extras.  When we were on Oasis, so many things that would be attractive to kids involved extra fees.  I think the big ships like Oasis with the boardwalk could be a little overwhelming, or overstimulating, for some kids.

We were on Summit last week, and I happened to be on the elevator with two boys that looked to be 10-11.  I asked if they were on their way to the pool, and they said they were going to the kids' club.  I asked if they had enough stuff to do to keep busy, and they said they were having a good time.  I wasn't sure what kind of activities a line like Celebrity that doesn't exactly cater to kids would have, but the few times I walked by the kids' club, it sounded fun.  Of course, it was Thanksgiving week so more kids than usual.