Mardi Gras / Live / Solo / Nov-27-Dec-04-2021...

sid_9169

5 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

One of our favorite ship pastimes when we have nothing on our agenda is drink in hand and grab a seat and people watch.....doesn't matter inside or outside it's always a great show!

We like to do this too.  Had a hard time finding that spot on Mardi Gras.  We always hung out at the atrium bar or lido on Carnival.  Promenade outside Oasis class Pub bar is just the ticket.  On Mardi Gras the flow doesn't allow for that.  Even on lido, if you sit at the side tables for shade there were dividers blocking your view.  Everything is broken up on Mardi Gras.  It helps with the crowds, but cuts down on people watching.  On our next Mardi Gras cruise, we will try to snag one of those tables on the second level of the tiki bar for outside people watching. Inside, I still don't have a clue.     

• Like 2

After a week of this, I've finally found what works for me is that I have to turn my WiFi off then back on again after I log into the new phone. If not, it'll just keep taking me round and round in circles of entering my folio number and birth date... I wish that I could've figured that out five days ago when I was cursing and pounding my phone on the table. Anyhoo, hopefully I can remember that next time I cruise Carnival, which is exactly a year from this week. Me and Saint Greg will be on the Celebration... 

Fifteen minutes till Steakhouse...

• Like 16

Talk about gender equality. The lady at the table behind me is ordering for her husband. She says "he wants his steak medium" he says "no, medium rare"... Then, she says "no, he wants it medium"... I wonder if she carries around his private parts in her purse?

• Like 5
  • Haha 16

8 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Talk about gender equality. The lady at the table behind me is ordering for her husband. She says "he wants his steak medium" he says "no, medium rare"... Then, she says "no, he wants it medium"... I wonder if she carries around his private parts in her purse?

I order for mine but it's because he doesn't hear that well. Oh, and I order what he wants. 🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

My phone can't quite focus that far, but I can clearly see the Miami skyline from here.

PXL_20211203_205459502.jpg

It looks a lot more clear with the naked eye... I can clearly see Brickell and downtown.

Battery at 11%, I'm going to have to do it soon.

Solution for all this - Google Pixel 6 Pro.  I've had mine for only a few weeks but absolutely love it. It has the longest battery life of any phone I've had to date. I charge it overnight and use it all day every day (starting with taking a few dozen pictures of sunrise) and haven't even come close to running the battery down yet.  And the zoom on the camera is unbelievable!  I previously had the Pixel 3 and thought that one took great pictures but the 6 Pro beats the pants off it. 

I hate getting a new phone because I'm always afraid it will be a chore setting up the new one.  But activation was super easy and I'd say 95% of my apps transferred over seamlessly.  I had trouble with one app for about a week but Google fixed the issue after I and several people complained about it.  Best phone ever!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Solution for all this - Google Pixel 6 Pro.  I've had mine for only a few weeks but absolutely love it. It has the longest battery life of any phone I've had to date. I charge it overnight and use it all day every day (starting with taking a few dozen pictures of sunrise) and haven't even come close to running the battery down yet.  And the zoom on the camera is unbelievable!  I previously had the Pixel 3 and thought that one took great pictures but the 6 Pro beats the pants off it. 

I hate getting a new phone because I'm always afraid it will be a chore setting up the new one.  But activation was super easy and I'd say 95% of my apps transferred over seamlessly.  I had trouble with one app for about a week but Google fixed the issue after I and several people complained about it.  Best phone ever!

I was this close to picking one of those up before the cruise, but I just didn't want to drop nine hundred bucks on a new phone right now. I'll pick it up once it's out for a bit, and the price comes down... I'm currently using a Pixel 3 XL and Pixel II XL as backup.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

A lady would not do this. She's a woman but she's no lady. 

• Like 3

Hopefully, I can make it past seven o'clock tonight. I'm totally ashamed of my performance in the drinking department this cruise. I haven't had a drink all day other than the little drinks at the Alchemy class. 

• Like 6

I'm hoping that my liquor gets delivered soon, so I can get that part of the packing out of the way. I'm carrying everything off myself, cuz I can't take a chance that someone walks off with my suitcase. I've been too far, and through too much to lose those bottles...

• Like 4