AARP has $100 Carnival cards for $70 today!

PhotoMike

34 minutes ago, BlasianGrl said:

So bummed I missed it.  I took their sale time of 12 Noon EST literally and just logged on to purchase and saw they were all sold out.  

Yup, I predicted earlier in this thread that by releasing the Carnival sale early today they would bum some people out.  Its really unfortunate.  I couldn't sleep this morning or I would have missed it too.

20 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

The Celebrity cards (unlike the Carnival cards) have significant restrictions on their use.  Its possible this Celebrity deal wont even sell out.

The only restriction with the Celebrity card is that the card has to be used as a deposit with your initial reservation.  It can't be used as OBC like the Carnival cards can.  I just saved 60 bucks on my next Celebrity reservation, which I will more than likely make on my Apex sailing in January to save even more money.

1 hour ago, Calnev1 said:

The AARP community forum indicated that last week that there would be a Carnival deal today.  So who knows.

The Celebrity cards (unlike the Carnival cards) have significant restrictions on their use.  Its possible this Celebrity deal wont even sell out.

The forum and this site both confirmed earlier this week that it was a mistake and the noon deal would be Celebrity and not Carnival. No mention that Carnival would have a deal 6 or more hours before noon. So people who only logged in at noon and saw Carnival sold out are mistaken when they assume they sold out in one minute.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

So....those that snagged one before 12 noon, was it @ 70.00 or 90.00?   The Celebrity card changed after 12 Noon.   Went back in after clearing cache and got 2 of the Celebrity cards for the wife and I.  Can only use them with initial reservation, but still saved 60.00, so all is good.

Got the Carnival card early this morning for $70.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The only restriction with the Celebrity card is that the card has to be used as a deposit with your initial reservation.  It can't be used as OBC like the Carnival cards can. 

That is a huge restriction compared to Carnival.   Imagine mistakenly buying one of these Celebrity things to pay off your remaining balance and then finding out you can't!

And also . . . you can't use more than $1,000 in Celebrity gift cards per sailing.

And also . . . you have to call a special number to redeem them.

And also . . . only Americans and Canadians can use them.  Well, "Excluding the Province of Quebec."  Jeeze, imagine being from Quebec and finding out that Celebrity says, "sorry, can't use our card." 

https://www.celebritycorporatekit.com/content/uploads/2017/06/GiftCardTCs.cleandocx.pdf

Carnival gift cards look oh so good compared to these Celebrity cards!!

44 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

That is a huge restriction compared to Carnival.   Imagine mistakenly buying one of these Celebrity things to pay off your remaining balance and then finding out you can't!

And also . . . you can't use more than $1,000 in Celebrity gift cards per sailing.

And also . . . you have to call a special number to redeem them.

And also . . . only Americans and Canadians can use them.  Well, "Excluding the Province of Quebec."  Jeeze, imagine being from Quebec and finding out that Celebrity says, "sorry, can't use our card." 

https://www.celebritycorporatekit.com/content/uploads/2017/06/GiftCardTCs.cleandocx.pdf

Carnival gift cards look oh so good compared to these Celebrity cards!!

True, the Carnival cards as well as the Princess ones are good for everything associated with the costs of your cruise so you end up saving 10% or sometimes more on everything.

At least you can save 100 bucks on your Celebrity cruise based on the 1000 purchase for two people.  100 bucks saved is 100 bucks saved.  And I saved 60 today with the Daily Deal so if I buy another 800.00 worth, it'll be 140 saved.

8 hours ago, suezyq50 said:

What can they be used for?  Assuming excursions?

Initial deposit, final payment, any pre-cruise purchases such as excursions, drink packages, specialty dining, and spa.  Any and all purchases on board and gratuities.  Basically 100% of all cruise related expenses.

I know that no one knows when AARP will get more cards but has anyone seen a trend as to how often they restock? I need to purchase some for a cruise at the end of this month and I'm hoping to wait for AARP to get some back in. I can get an additional 5% with my CC if I use AARP than Allstate. I'm just trying to gauge if I could wait another week.

Thanks

7 hours ago, thewynn said:

I know that no one knows when AARP will get more cards but has anyone seen a trend as to how often they restock? I need to purchase some for a cruise at the end of this month and I'm hoping to wait for AARP to get some back in. I can get an additional 5% with my CC if I use AARP than Allstate. I'm just trying to gauge if I could wait another week.

Thanks

You're rolling the dice.  I would give it one week and then if not back in stock hopefully Allstate will have the eCards for you to purchase.

I buy my cards in bulk, a few thousand so that I have them when I need them.  Snagged 3K worth of Princess cards @ 15% off through Allstate to pay off next April's B2B and have extra for future deposits.  Once that cruise is booked, then I will buy what is needed to pay it off.  I don't like to roll the dice and be hopeful that they're in stock.  I make sure I have them, especially since the Princess cards are more volatile than the Carnival cards.

8 hours ago, thewynn said:

Thanks

Agree with SNJCcruisers that if you plan to get some Carnival gift cards for a cruise this month you should get them from Allstate now, and not wait for the possibility that AARP might restock soon.  One additional reason to order from Allstate now is that Allstate might suddenly go out of stock on the Carnival egift cards, and if you are reduced to ordering plastic cards from Allstate the delivery times can be lengthy.  The last plastic card I ordered took 12 days to reach me from the time I ordered it.

Edited by Calnev1

12 minutes ago, Calnev1 said:

Agree with SNJCcruisers that if you plan to get some Carnival gift cards for a cruise this month you should get them from Allstate now, and not wait for the possibility that AARP might restock soon.  One additional reason to order from Allstate now is that Allstate might suddenly go out of stock on the Carnival egift cards, and if you are reduced to ordering plastic cards from Allstate the delivery times can be lengthy.  The last plastic card I ordered took 12 days to reach me from the time I ordered it.

Thank you to you and SNJ. I think I’ll give it until Friday and then order Allstate if needed. Was just hoping to get that extra 5%. If they come in stock with AARP I think I’ll stock up too. That extra 5% is only good through the end of this month. 

5 hours ago, JEANMR1 said:

I understand I missed the deal but I just installed the app and can’t figure out where they have a giftcard section. I would think there is one but I’m at a loss. Any help?  
thanks!

It would help if you clarified which app you downloaded:  The AARP app or the Allstate Drivewise app.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:37 PM, SNJCruisers said:

So....those that snagged one before 12 noon, was it @ 70.00 or 90.00?   The Celebrity card changed after 12 Noon.   Went back in after clearing cache and got 2 of the Celebrity cards for the wife and I.  Can only use them with initial reservation, but still saved 60.00, so all is good.

I got mine at 7am. My friends tried at 9am and already sold out.