Anxious about testing for December 26th sailing due to Christmas

chiguypaul

Would like to run this by everyone here. I have a sailing on 12/26. That means I have to test on 12/24 through 12/26. I am traveling the morning and mid-day on the 24th. I am planning on completing my testing via the RCL approved Emed test and I plan on having extra just in case there's an issue with one of them. However, I feel like I need a backup plan and I'm concerned about finding somewhere that will have testing on the afternoon of Christmas Eve and on Christmas. Most locations have yet to posted availability that far ahead. Am I just being a worrier? Should I feel confident knowing I have a backup Emed proctored test? I have to imagine that others leaving the day after Christmas are going through the same process.

8 minutes ago, peasprout said:

You can do the video supervised home test kit:  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center/pre-cruise-testing

(or is this the Emed test you were talking about?  If so, I think this should be sufficient)

Yep. That's the one I'm talking about. I just need to get comfortable with it being sufficient, like you said. I feel like I need a backup process, when I likely don't.

10 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

eMed is the way to go. Very simple and quick. We did this for our Oct  Freedom trip. And will do it again for our Anthem NYE trip.

I plan to go this route for my upcoming cruise.  I am wondering what the expiration dates are for the units that are now shipping.