Serenade - Cabin 3502 or similar review

Good morning - I was wondering if anyone has stayed in Cabin 3502 (or similarly 3002, 3000, or 3500) on Serenade. I’ve been on a dozen cruises with Royal, but this is my first time going with a cabin guarantee. I am curious about this location, noise from the waves, and if the cabin is a normal shape because of the curve of the hull. I understand this is just a cabin guarantee fare, but was surprised to see how far forward I was put with over 45 cabins aft of me open on this deck alone. Thanks for your help! 

We had a cabin this far forward on Radiance OTS, which is a sister ship and there was a lot of motion felt by us in our cabin when the ship was in rough seas. Also a lot of noise when the anchor was dropped early in the morning when at tender ports that day.

It use to be for NA bookings once a guaranty was assigned one one could change to another available  same class of cabin so I would try to do that to get a more mid or even aft located cabin if as you said there are other OV cabins available on this deck. This category  is also on deck 4.

IF you have rough waves you will feel it that far forward.    Some people like the feel of the motion, rock like a baby to sleep.     If you do not want the motion then you can call and ask to be moved to another cabin on deck 3 or 4 in the same category.     

1 hour ago, SkyCaptain220 said:

Good morning - I was wondering if anyone has stayed in Cabin 3502 (or similarly 3002, 3000, or 3500) on Serenade. I’ve been on a dozen cruises with Royal, but this is my first time going with a cabin guarantee. I am curious about this location, noise from the waves, and if the cabin is a normal shape because of the curve of the hull. I understand this is just a cabin guarantee fare, but was surprised to see how far forward I was put with over 45 cabins aft of me open on this deck alone. Thanks for your help! 

The suggestion to call and ask to be moved is a good one but it must be the IDENTICAL category.  Both the letter and the number of your category must be the same, not just "interior".

🙂

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The suggestion to call and ask to be moved is a good one but it must be the IDENTICAL category.  Both the letter and the number of your category must be the same, not just "interior".

🙂

Up to 3032/3532 with 6 exceptions are your same category, but once you go over XX32, you are in a different category and they won't move you for "free".

Then you get all the way aft to 3116/3616 and they are your category again.  🙂 

Thank you all for your advice and telling me about looking in the same category for another open cabin. I reached out to Royal who said it’s possible but to contact my travel agency (VTG). I called them, and within 30 minutes they got Royal to approve moving us over a dozen cabins back. Really excited!

1 hour ago, SkyCaptain220 said:

Thank you all for your advice and telling me about looking in the same category for another open cabin. I reached out to Royal who said it’s possible but to contact my travel agency (VTG). I called them, and within 30 minutes they got Royal to approve moving us over a dozen cabins back. Really excited!

Good to hear! The cabin you were assigned is one of the least desirable ones. Did you book an inside guarantee and were upgraded to oceanview? Just curious....

Edited by coaster

32 minutes ago, coaster said:

Good to hear! The cabin you were assigned is one of the least desirable ones. Did you book an inside guarantee and were upgraded to oceanview? Just curious....

Yes, very happy for the change! I booked an Oceanview cabin guarantee cabin originally. 

• Like 1