First night steak house, tell me about the wine & dessert.

lasekeye

15 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I understand from a very old thread that it is a picture made out of chocs and other delectables but has to be shared by the whole table.

And each time we've ordered it, the design has been different, which makes sense because each chef will create his/her own design.  It really is a very unique experience!!!

1 hour ago, windsor26 said:

whereabouts in the Carnival site for future cruises can you pre purchase this  I cannot find a link at all   It just says you cannot check in until about 3 weeks before

Cruise Manager \ Specialty Dining

image.thumb.png.94ab77095875a04e8d49af39f8b18b81.png

On 12/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, BennyBrun said:

Thank you.  Now to decide what to have for entree.  Any one had the Waygu?  Is that better than the regular steak on the menu?

I had the waygu once and was disappointed. I thought it was tough and grisly.  Others have said it is good but it wasn’t in my experience. I go with the filet every now and have never been disappointed in that. 

4 hours ago, llarsen said:

I booked the Steakhouse for my husbands birthday on our upcoming cruise.

Which steak in the Steakhouse is the best? (Flavor and tenderness)

I really think that you cannot eat the filet minion

I could not find that page with the link to cruise manager/ specialty dning  but I will have another try.

On 12/9/2021 at 3:13 PM, BennyBrun said:

Thank you.  Now to decide what to have for entree.  Any one had the Waygu?  Is that better than the regular steak on the menu?

I had the waygu last week on the Breeze at the steakhouse. It's good - better than the filet my husband got with his surf and turf! If you're a foodie and have had Japanese Waygu before, it's definitely not the same as a high scoring Japanese Waygu. They're serving an Australian Waygu with (from what I can tell, because I didn't ask to see a marbling score certificate) a lower marbling score. Still, it was tender and flavorful! 

• Like 1