Problem on the breakaway in NO

seaman11

Just now, NavArch64 said:

The point is that Celebrity Edge never sailed as a CDC CSO code RED ship. 

Oops!  Facts are tough.... why do people think they can just say whatever they want? The internet is forever...

https://www.cruisehabit.com/celebrity-edge-set-sail-weekend-first-us-crew-member-tested-positive-covid-status-red

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Oops!  Facts are tough.... why do people think they can just say whatever they want? The internet is forever...

https://www.cruisehabit.com/celebrity-edge-set-sail-weekend-first-us-crew-member-tested-positive-covid-status-red

You're not being entirely honest either.  The reason it was red was because of ONE crew member testing positive BEFORE any passengers were ever on board the ship.  If it was red for the first revenue sailing, it was only a carry over precaution from the prior crew member testing positive prior to embarkation with paying passengers.

2 minutes ago, raitch said:

Sounds absolutely miserable.  I’m so sorry.

No worries.......either we go late......or we don't get to go.

Going to make the best of it either way.

Problem is....they have my luggage somewhere.

Anyone have a pair of underwear and a toofbrush I could borrow?  😆 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, rtkenmore said:

You're not being entirely honest either.  The reason it was red was because of ONE crew member testing positive BEFORE any passengers were ever on board the ship.  If it was red for the first revenue sailing, it was only a carry over precaution from the prior crew member testing positive prior to embarkation with paying passengers.

Huh? Did I specify why it was red?  Whatever the reason for it was, the status was RED. Please just stop now... it's getting embarrassing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ShowMeCruise said:

No worries.......either we go late......or we don't get to go.

Going to make the best of it either way.

Problem is....they have my luggage somewhere.

Anyone have a pair of underwear and a toofbrush I could borrow?  😆 

That attitude means you’re probably the kind of person who has a lot of fun in life.  

• Like 8

They just announced the ship has omicron. Looks like we're still sailing but now we need to sign a form(waiver I assume).

And now there's new restrictions, but no idea what they are. 

They just announced you can go get a refund and leave if you want

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Juncti said:

They just announced the ship has omicron. Looks like we're still sailing but now we need to sign a form(waiver I assume).

The ship has omicron? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ Ridiculous. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Juncti said:

Huh? How could they possibly know that the new Omicron variant is circulating on that ship? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Stevie17 said:

Huh? How could they possibly know that the new Omicron variant is circulating on that ship? 

I had to chuckle at that too... I manage 3 different hospital labs and we do not even have the ability to identify the Omicron variant - let alone as a rapid test. That involves NGS which only select labs do - and I assure you - it is NOT rapid.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Juncti said:

thank you for the updates good luck 

7 minutes ago, Juncti said:

Wow … how did they make that determination?  I thought it takes a while to verify the strain?  Either way it’s good that they give you an option. I would probably see what the restrictions are before I go.  If it’s super restrictive then I would be the one to ask for a refund and ask them to arrange transportation to get me home.

3 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I had to chuckle at that too... I manage 3 different hospital labs and we do not even have the ability to identify the Omicron variant - let alone as a rapid test. That involves NGS which only select labs do - and I assure you - it is NOT rapid.

BBC reported there are labs that can take the swab and look at them to see if its omnicron or delta or whatever. 

Edited by seaman11
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stevie17 said:

I've heard a pcur test can tell if it's the new variant or the one we are fighting now. The results are missing something that the current variant has. Has to be a pcur not a rapid test but they can tell it's the new one in a lab. .. 

Well that explains why 10 positives they got so crazy and late boarding. .. makes sense.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seaman11 said:

BBC reported there are labs that can take the swag and look at them to see if its omnicron or delta or whatever. 

I've heard doctors say this too . ..they can tell it's the new one. That's why positives are popping up so fast of omnicron. It's not that hard for a lab to detect from the results.

• Like 2

My wife works in research and she's saying same thing. There isn't any way she knows of to sequence a sample, especially on a Sunday

So either they have some new fast way to test or they're just making the assumption

Give NCL wants to sail and make money I have to imagine it's real. I doubt they want to scare away passengers and give refunds