Rate Code PB4 Confusion

craig01020

Good morning. I recently booked a cruise and placed it on hold. I used the PB4 rate code. I read the details for each rate code and it looks like PB4 is a refundable deposit.

This morning I called Carnival to confirm and the agent I spoke with said PB4 is non-refundable and only PNS is refundable. Even though I'm a Carnival novice, I think he's wrong.

Anyone have recent experience booking with PB4?

Thanks.

This is what I found while researching it. It appears from this is it refundable. It was found at https://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

November Savings Sale

Cruise rates are in US dollars, per person and based on double occupancy. Offer is capacity controlled and is not combinable with any other discount or promotional offer. Rates may vary by ship, stateroom type and sail date. Change fees are not assessed outside of the final payment window. Category restrictions and exclusions apply. Carnival reserves the right to withdraw and/or change offer at any time without prior notice. Offer is for the cruise fare only and does not include Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses range from $63.14 to $427.64, and are assessed on a per guest basis for all guests according to the itinerary. Offer is applicable in cabin assignment categories only. Refundable deposit subject to cancellation penalties. Offer bookings made as part of a group will include amenities. Offer is applicable on sailings through April 2024. Offer is applicable on new bookings made between November 1, 2021 – November 30, 2021. Please request rate code PB4. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas & Panama.

• Thanks 1

OP,

Thanks for this question.  I have been using PB4 Rates only to book my cruises for a few years now.  I will call Carnival this week to see what they say.

I book my cruises a year + in advance, I pay month by month, I don’t like to charge vacations on credit cards.  Booking cruises so far in advance I have been known to change my mind. 😁

Of course I understand that changes & cancellations close to cruising date will get those penalties. Thankfully, nothing has ever come up where I HAD to cancel last minute.

🛳🛳

Bobbi

• Thanks 1