Help please locating Princess ice cream bowls

Loreni

I am trying to simulate some elements of a Princess MDR dining experience for someone who will certainly never cruise again.  Her health did not outlast the delay caused by coronavirus.  Specifically I’m trying to locate the metal bowls used for serving the ice cream in the MDR.

If anyone has insight or can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.  I think they are stainless steel.  But maybe silver plate?

• Like 1

Where are you located?   

Try "Amazon",  local restaurant supply places, or call your local ice cream parlour and enquire if they have particular suppliers that are open to the public and not just wholesale.   

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Steel-Sherbert-Sorbet-Gelato/dp/B01M1BY9JO/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2VCFGG4WM3NA4&keywords=metal+ice+cream+bowls&qid=1638795871&sprefix=Metal+ice+cream%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-2

All the best.   

Edited by CruisinFinsUp

3 hours ago, Loreni said:

I am trying to simulate some elements of a Princess MDR dining experience for someone who will certainly never cruise again.  Her health did not outlast the delay caused by coronavirus.  Specifically I’m trying to locate the metal bowls used for serving the ice cream in the MDR.

If anyone has insight or can point me in the right direction I would be grateful.  I think they are stainless steel.  But maybe silver plate?

Amazon has them, but they're new and overpriced. If you're in a rush, go with them.

Your local restaurant supply should at least have new ones and used ones as well at a much lower price. Just Google "used restaurant supply near me".

I think that it's wonderful that you are recreating a moment for her! If I had the dish, I'd send it to you.

Sadly, ice cream dishes aren't very popular when so many of us just grab a spoon, and eat it right out of the carton.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Sadly, ice cream dishes aren't very popular when so many of us just grab a spoon, and eat it right out of the carton.

You are the first person that I have heard of eating ice cream right out of the carton.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

If you buy the cheapest / worst ice-cream you can find...

You have re-created the volcano.

Motto:

"It's not good, but there is a lot of it!"

Thank you Cruisinfinsup, CineGraphic, and John!

I found a number of options that are very close (inexpensive), probably good enough.  They are called sherbet dishes or French coupes and they are stainless steel.  I haven’t found the exact duplicate.  They may be manufactured specifically for Princess.  I’ll get the closest approximation for now and keep checking eBay for the unicorn.  I don’t think the ones on Princess are silver plate because it would be difficult to maintain, but they do look a bit nicer than stainless steel.  They look similar in reflectivity  to the Princess butter dishes.