another question... for those that have sailed recently

a flygirl

We are booked on the Dec. 30th Tahiti Dreams cruise. When deciding about the beverage package... on the BBQ day and the destination event in the evening are drinks complimentary? That would be 2 days that we really wouldn't need if so. We are wine and beer drinkers but only in the evening.. Thanks .

Edited by a flygirl
spelling

• a flygirl changed the title to another question... for those that have sailed recently

We haven’t yet done Tahiti (Aug 2022!) but when we’ve had the beach bbq days in the caribbean, there was a welcome drink upon arrival but after that alcoholic drinks were not included.  Same with the deck bbq night. We used our bevvie package for the beach bbq with no problem. 

Edited by minidonuts85

44 minutes ago, minidonuts85 said:

We haven’t yet done Tahiti (Aug 2022!) but when we’ve had the beach bbq days in the caribbean, there was a welcome drink upon arrival but after that alcoholic drinks were not included.  Same with the deck bbq night. We used our bevvie package for the beach bbq with no problem. 

This was our experience as well. And the same with the cruises that include a midday picnic. The only free drinks would be at some event on board like the Yacht Club reception.

I haven't been on a Tahiti cruise, but in my experience the free drinks are usually:

Pre-COVID there was always some kind of welcome aboard drink (sometimes sparkling wine, sometimes a rum punch sometimes more than one punch while checking in) on board. For our post COVID departure in Athens, check-in including testing was done before boarding and I don't think we were offered a welcome aboard drink.

Captain's welcome for the captain to introduce the officers - usually held on the evening of the day after departure. Usually complementary red and white wine. On our recent cruise there was also sparkling wind and kir royale offered. The other posters haven't mentioned the captain's welcome.

Yacht club party: It's billed as a cocktail party. They have glasses of white and red wine out but you can also request a cocktail. 

I noticed that Post-COVID they were mostly holding social events with officers on deck though one on our recent cruise collector had to be in the lounge due to weather. I assume they are doing that to try to reduce the risk of transmission between passengers and to protect the officers from transmission at events where most people are circulating unmasked because they are drinking. 

I've never seen free drinks at the deck BBQ. At the beach BBQ, I think there have been times when we were handed something on arriving and other times with no free drink. 

Thanks everyone, I think that when we were on WS in August in Greece, they had to cancel our night in Kusadasi and the event as well, (which is why I booked the cruise. ) We had a nice evening at a greek Farm with dancers and a buffet and free flowing wine... but I'm sure now that was because of the cancellation. We will just go ahead with the package as planned:-)

Edited by a flygirl

• 1 month later...