Rotterdam Cabin Choice

kapitch

Hi all,

We are booked on the Rotterdam for 2023 and torn between cabin selections.  Currently we are booked in #5204, an Aft facing verandah, but according to the ship's diagram, it appears the balconies of the Aft cabins, not Aft facing, on the 4th deck are more spacious.  I know this ship is very new, but if anyone has first-hand knowledge about the balcony sizes, we would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

The Rotterdam is the sister of the Nieuw Statendam and the Koningsdam.  My brother and SIL, My husband and my dad were on board the Koningsdam in 2019 in 3 rooms side by side, and we all had one of the extended balconies.  (We were in room 4191) 

The balconies are big!  We had all 5 people sitting in chairs on 1 balcony. The down side I've heard is people concerned about privacy, because so much of your balcony is exposed to those above.

I did a video of our room, and I'm also attaching a photo of people sitting on the deck.

L.

11.jpg

We are currently on the Koningsdam which is a sister ship. These photos are from Deck 9 looking down. You can see how much of the verandah is exposed on Deck 4. Also if it rains, the water will come down the side to Deck 4.

1206211928_HDR.thumb.jpg.ed1da4943828123c370e2a139f0cd9b0.jpg

1206211930.thumb.jpg.dcfa1f8eb38290eb1ed625cd702d0ce6.jpg

1206212000_HDR.thumb.jpg.0fccdc93219815aebd4ff52ae2c82ec7.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kapitch said:

Thanks for the very helpful information, which prompted me to change our cabin to the 4th deck since we spend most of our time on the balcony.   Bigger is better for us!

Kathy

Which room did you get?

L.

8 hours ago, AnnieBelle said:

Two questions about the Rotterdam - is there still a drawer at the end of the bed? And the small make up mirror in the desk drawer, does it have a light on it? Thanks!

Yes to the drawer, no to the light.

Sue/WDW1972

• Thanks 1