Taking food out of MDR

15 hours ago, arlodog said:

They do have room service available too for a charge.  You could order enough for all for the one charge, just make sure you tip appropriately! 

However you are limited to the room service menu, unless in a GS or higher.

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

I with this could be done more easily. I love eating outside. I would pay the service charge and tip nicely to get dining room food delivered to my cabin. Sometimes you just don't feel like dealing with the whole scene. Just give me my self-carried wine and the food and peace and quiet.

All you have to do is get a Grand Suite or higher, and you can order MDR room service every night.

And, in a GS you will have room to eat it.  In an OS or higher, you will even have a dining table inside.  The GSs we have sailed in have had a table on the balcony, but only a low coffee table inside.

18 hours ago, BazingAu said:

It really doesn’t seem that bizarre to me. Maybe OP doesn’t feel comfortable taking off their masks in a mess hall eating with a thousand other cruisers also without their masks, but still want to experience the other parts of the cruise experience.

To the OP - I think you can ask to be seated in a vaccinated only section of the MDR if that will help.

THIS!! thank you!

You said it for me. We are actually going to be with our kids (unvaccinated) and it was just a thought since we will be sitting with other unvaccinated families without masks. 

It's not a total big deal, but if the option existed (right now during covid times), and we could take the food to the cabin, that would be something to consider. I'm a seasoned cruiser and know the logistics of taking food out of the MDR, but thought that during these times, they may have another option.

28 minutes ago, flyingandcruising said:

THIS!! thank you!

You said it for me. We are actually going to be with our kids (unvaccinated) and it was just a thought since we will be sitting with other unvaccinated families without masks. 

It's not a total big deal, but if the option existed (right now during covid times), and we could take the food to the cabin, that would be something to consider. I'm a seasoned cruiser and know the logistics of taking food out of the MDR, but thought that during these times, they may have another option.

Depending on how many unvaxxed children are on your sailing the mdr for unvaxxed people has socially distanced tables and is a lot less crowded than the Mdr for vaxxed.

In fact there are many vaxxed people that are opting to dine in the unvaxxed mdr due to less crowded, etc.

On 12/8/2021 at 2:12 PM, flyingandcruising said:

We are actually going to be with our kids (unvaccinated) and it was just a thought since we will be sitting with other unvaccinated families without masks.

But you're not going to be sitting with other unvaccinated families -- you're going to be sitting at a table with just your own family, with empty tables all around you, and everyone should be wearing their mask while walking past your table on their way to/from their own table. 

Not to mention you're going to be standing within a foot or two of people not wearing masks in line outside to get into the terminal, and on the pool deck, or anytime you're outdoors (on the ship or off, including at the grocery store, gas station, etc., back home). 

Honestly, if eating in the MDR or Windjammer or Promenade Cafe or any other venue is even a concern you think you *might* have, cruising is probably not a good choice for you at the moment.  

41 minutes ago, brillohead said:

But you're not going to be sitting with other unvaccinated families -- you're going to be sitting at a table with just your own family, with empty tables all around you, and everyone should be wearing their mask while walking past your table on their way to/from their own table. 

Not to mention you're going to be standing within a foot or two of people not wearing masks in line outside to get into the terminal, and on the pool deck, or anytime you're outdoors (on the ship or off, including at the grocery store, gas station, etc., back home). 

Honestly, if eating in the MDR or Windjammer or Promenade Cafe or any other venue is even a concern you think you *might* have, cruising is probably not a good choice for you at the moment.  

The difference is eating requires one to take off one's own mask. I wear a mask in public indoor settings routinely, not a big deal to me. But I don't eat in indoor restaurants at home. I do on cruise ships. Everyone has to weigh their own personal risk vs benefit. I also made a point to not get on elevators with children on my RC cruises. Literally got off a couple of times when they got on. I'm capable of taking the stairs so no big deal to me personally. Mask compliance for the little ones is difficult so I choose to keep my distance. I've tried adults only on Virgin Voyages and that's probably where I will be headed more in the long term. I liked the test at the pier more than I thought I would. They have the logistics down, very easy. No hard feelings towards Royal, they are a family cruise brand. Instead of stay home, maybe explore other brands.