Passenger Overboard Reported on Miracle

awestover89

10 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Nope.  Even if the divider broke, the "standard of care" that the cruise line is required to provide is limited to what a "reasonable" person would do, and climbing from one balcony to another is not a "reasonable" action.  This would have no hope.

I totally understand that - but nowadays our society is so law-suit happy they sue over anything.  I can see this being spun as an "attractive nuisance."  Next we will see signs on the balconies saying "climbing on or over the balcony can be hazardous."  

5 hours ago, TheSeagoer said:

One passenger making a statement with zero backup. 

Again - horrible thing to happen to anyone or anyone's family.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

I would imagine that it would only take a few seconds to successfully climb around a divider so I don't think there would have been much time to shout a warning. Plus, we can see much further than we can shout if there was even time to shout.

Not all camera feeds are monitored constantly.  The monitors in surveillance scroll through all the cameras every few seconds, so there are gaps in what is displayed, but the feeds are recorded full time.  When an overboard is reported, that is when they go back to the recording to see if they can find out what happened.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1