Cost of PCR test Miami Airport

Halo19

Hello!

Can anyone tell me how much the rapid PCR tests (results within 1 hr) and the one where results are within 24hrs cost at Miami airport?   And what was your experience like?

Edited by Halo19

28 minutes ago, Halo19 said:

Are there any other options (cheaper) people are doing that get into port and fly home the same day?

This thread on the Celebrity board deals with pre-cruise testing, but any of the companies will provide tests both pre- and post-cruise.  

While the MIA price is quite steep, so are all of the rapid PCR tests from what I've seen. And the 24 hour test is no good for you, as you'd have to pay more for a night in a hotel than you would save with the less expensive test.

On a more positive note, Walgreens provides free COVID testing, and they have 10 locations in the Miami area that provide PCR tests. Turnaround times vary, so you'll need to do your research. This link will get you started:  https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing?ban=covid_vanity_testing  Many Canadians have reported using Walgreens with no problems. They've used such things as a hotel address and have shown Canadian drivers licences as ID without an issue. I believe that their facilities are drive-through, but a taxi or uber will apparently work.

Have you considered doing a proctored test kit? You might half to do it onboard the day before disembarkation to ensure that you get your results back on time, which means you'll need internet access aboard, but it's an option. And if you are an Aeroplan member, Switch Health offers a discount as well as points. According to the company, about 2% of the kits fail. They'll refund you your money, but you'd need to have a plan B for testing elsewhere.  https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan/#collectionKits Personally, the savings to be achieved, especially if you have to buy an internet package that you would otherwise not bother with, don't offset the risk of the kit failing, but it is an option if you can't get tested through Walgreens.

• Like 2

We did our testing at the Miami airport for $179 US per person. Had our results within 20 minutes. This place is a smidge cheaper at $149 for results in 60 mins https://www.pharmcorx.com/rapidtest Google tells me North Miami Beach is about a 26 min drive from the Miami cruise terminal (not sure how much you're saving over the airport though if you're having to cab/Uber it to the pharmacy and then to the airport or wherever you plan to kill time before your flight).

Edited by Ginnyfyr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you are flying Westjet or AC, they depart Gate J in Miami, and there is a testing site quite close in the South Terminal. $179 US for rapid PCR ( within 30 minutes) 

I bought a LAMP kit from Switch Health thru AC/Aeroplan for $149 cdn. Should it fail, this is my back up plan. 

• Like 1