Been a few years ...with new rule comes questions

elainmir

We haven't cruised in 2 years.  Can someone help answer a few questions?

1. I forget if I have a 12 pack of soda do I have to put that in my luggage or carry it on? After 3 hernia surgies I'd prefer to put it in luggage. 

2. How does the new emuster work? 

3. Anything else I need to know?  

Thanks in advance guys!! 

1. You HAVE to carry it on. No other way around it. We bought a rolling bag just for that purpose. It turned out to be a lifesaver.

2. Best thing since sliced bread. You go to your assigned muster station, and you watch a crew member how to put on a life vest. That's it. Nothing else. They scan you boarding pas or S&S card(to record you showed up for muster). Couldn't be easier! 

3. Embarkation is greatly simplified as they now use facial recognition.

If you have any more questions, ask away! We only learn when we ask. :classic_wink:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

Can I jump in and ask a similar question?

What if you are carrying your own luggage on and not giving it to the porter? Does it still have to be on your carry on or is everything your carry on?

Your questions is confusing. If you aren't checking in any luggage with a porter, then of course you have to carry it on. As far as sodas go, yes you HAVE to carry it on board with you.  You can carry it in the original 12 pack carton it comes in at the store....or you can put it in a carry on bag/luggage/back pack, etc. 

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, K_e_short said:

What if you are carrying your own luggage on and not giving it to the porter? Does it still have to be on your carry on or is everything your carry on?

I'm not sure I follow...  But they don't care what kind of bag you put it in, if that's what you're asking.  It doesn't have to be in an 'airline sized carry on bag' it just has to be carried on with you.

• Like 2

I told this story in another thread some time back.  On our first cruise back post pandemic I was out of practice and accidentally put our two legal wine bottles in our luggage handed to the porter.  Shoulda been hauled off to naughty room.  Got lucky.  Delivered as usual. 

On 12/12/2021 at 5:37 PM, elainmir said:

oh wow thanks for the rolling bag suggestion...I'm gonna head over to amazon and get one now! 

You're the best..thank you...

We just use one of our smaller suitcases. Add the cokes, electronics, meds, anything else we don't want to be without... that is our carry on, and we can wheel it around until our room is ready. 

• Like 1

You can set a 12 pack of sodas on top of your roller bag and attach it to the pull handle with a bungee cord. The box of soda will rest against the handle once it is extended. Makes it easy to manage without taking up any space in your bag. Sorry, I don't have a picture. I hope what I said makes sense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pks3 said:

to add on a newbie question - how much bottled water are you allowed to bring in? Is it a 12 pack per person, or per cabin? And also what is the allowed bottle size - is it 12 oz or 16/20?  

Zero bottled water.  You can only bring cans.  12 can per passenger (of a 12 oz size).  I have seldom seen water in a can but I am sure it exists so you could include cans of water in your 12 cans.  Just no bottles, and even if the water is for a medical purpose (CPAP, baby formula, whatever) it is not allowed and you have to buy it onboard.  Note that Red status and above get a free very large bottle of water onboard.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 5:39 PM, K_e_short said:

You do want to pack it so that it’s easy accessible.  They most likely will want to inspect it.  Opening a big suitcase could be cumbersome when going thru security.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JROBTX said:

You do want to pack it so that it’s easy accessible.  They most likely will want to inspect it.  Opening a big suitcase could be cumbersome when going thru security.  

Yes. Thank you for that reminder.

I asked because I am flying in the same day and my protein shakes need to be in my checked baggage for my flight so trying to think of best way to pack to make it easy.

12 hours ago, wgeddings said:

Zero bottled water.  You can only bring cans.  12 can per passenger (of a 12 oz size).  I have seldom seen water in a can but I am sure it exists so you could include cans of water in your 12 cans.  Just no bottles, and even if the water is for a medical purpose (CPAP, baby formula, whatever) it is not allowed and you have to buy it onboard.  Note that Red status and above get a free very large bottle of water onboard.

I'm not sure if the no water for medical purposes is correct.

I know I've read of people emailed the access desk and getting permission to bring things on board.

Either you are allowed if you have a medical reason, or more likely you don't have to pay if the reason you need the bottled water is for a medical reason.

access@carnival.com