Fly to Fun

tiffy0428

hello my fellow cruisers. 

I booked my air through carnival for my upcoming february cruise. I booked a family of 6 on a delta airline flight, when I went to look yesterday I noticed that they put three of us on an American air line flight; has this ever happened to anyone else and if so how did you handle it?  I have been speaking with carnival but they told me if they put me back on delta i would have to pay the difference, also they won’t be giving me the difference in cost between delta and American when the American flight was cheaper than the delta flight. 

You're working with a consolidator. These things happen. Is it right? Doesn't matter.

Are you within 30 to 45 days of trip departure?

If not, then the airline tickets haven't actually been purchased. Yes, Carnival may have your money but Carnival doesn't actually "pay" for the tickets until last minute.

Cancel everything with Fly2Fun and buy your own air travel.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

You're working with a consolidator. These things happen. Is it right? Doesn't matter.

Are you within 30 to 45 days of trip departure?

If not, then the airline tickets haven't actually been purchased. Yes, Carnival may have your money but Carnival doesn't actually "pay" for the tickets until last minute.

Cancel everything with Fly2Fun and buy your own air travel.

i received my ticket number so they have purchased the tickets, also i still can’t fly delta because it’s $200 more that i’m not trying to pay. Thank you for your response 

I will never use the Cruise Line air as its too restrictive. I want to be able to chose my airline, class of service and be able to modify the reservation and avoid Basic Economy.  I feel as if I can get good pricing on my own.  I found a r/t Alaska flight in First Class from SJC-LAX-SJC for my upcoming cruise in Feb for $145. Can Cruise Air beat this? I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, tiffy0428 said:

i received my ticket number so they have purchased the tickets, also i still can’t fly delta because it’s $200 more that i’m not trying to pay. Thank you for your response 

You can have your reservation number and Carnival still not paid.

However, a good way to check is to go to the airlines website and try to look at your reservation or try to select seats.

2 hours ago, klfrodo said:

You can have your reservation number and Carnival still not paid.

However, a good way to check is to go to the airlines website and try to look at your reservation or try to select seats.

i was able to choose my seats and it says booked on the website where before it was asking me to book 

3 hours ago, tiffy0428 said:

i was able to choose my seats and it says booked on the website where before it was asking me to book 

Thats good to know.

I wish I could help you fix the other issue where Fun2Fly has separated the family on different airlines. Good luck and please come back and share if the issue gets resolved. It may help someone else in the future.

I think it is absolutely crazy that they separated a family that was booked together.  I would call Carnival again - and then again if necessary. Ask for a supervisor.  If there are kids involved throw that at them - how can they in all good faith separate family members?    It looks like you are still 2 months away from the cruise.  There must be some kind of wiggle room with Carnival.  Did you check and see if there were any open seats on the Delta or American flights to switch the  3 back to?  If you go in armed with that info they may be able to do something.  If nothing else works (and it may take a few phone calls and a lot of time) I would look into canceling the Carnival air and booking your own.

9 hours ago, cruisinthemed said:

Who do you contact for Carnival air?  I have never used it, and was considering...we don't have many options from where we live

when i booked on the website i did it there. however you can call the 800 number and inquire