Dining without reservations on the Bliss

mvh

I just found out that the Beatles show on The Bliss starts at 7:30 every night, which is right in the middle of our current dinner reservations.  Of course all the dinner times are now booked up.  My question is, how easy is it for a group of 4 to walk in at 5:30-6 or at 8:30?  I know the ship is sailing with less capacity, but I assume the restaurants are probably seating at less capacity also.  Has anyone recently done this?  Thx

5 minutes ago, mvh said:

I just found out that the Beatles show on The Bliss starts at 7:30 every night, which is right in the middle of our current dinner reservations.  Of course all the dinner times are now booked up.  My question is, how easy is it for a group of 4 to walk in at 5:30-6 or at 8:30?  I know the ship is sailing with less capacity, but I assume the restaurants are probably seating at less capacity also.  Has anyone recently done this?  Thx

Are you talking MDR or specialty?  I have never made a reservation for an MDR in 14 NCL cruises, including 3 since the restart.  I typically eat between 5 and 6, with a group of 2 to 6.  You should be fine.  As for specialty restaurants, you can make changes the first day after you board.  In my experience (including the Bliss Thanksgiving week), most specialty restaurants are about 1/2 full, MDR even less.

We recently got off the Bliss. We went to the MDR 3 times without reservations and had no trouble getting a table. Went to Cagney and Ocean Blue with reservations, but it didn’t look like we needed them. I don’t think you’ll have any trouble at the MDR. 

6 hours ago, mvh said:

We never make reservations for MDR and never have to wait. Hopefully the same this time and for specialty. 

12 hours ago, mvh said:

This gives you an idea on the availability of tables on day of dining from our recent cruise. 

image.png.b050cf56844b1ff3e17b8635c82fc6eb.png

image.png.72d02c4c62746b4947de9d833456f1a2.png

Edited by BirdTravels