Dec 24th Vista says sold out? What does that really mean nowadays?

Drumstix40

We are sailing on the Vista XMAS week.  The sailing no longer shows up as available. With our COVID world could it really be at over 100% occupancy? Or are a percentage of of room purposely just never part of available inventory.  Cause now with Omicron am a little concerned.  

• Like 1

We are on her right now and she is sailing with 3,054 passengers.  Was told today that the next 2 weeks will be sailing with 4,000 passengers (ship holds 4,700) so still not at full capacity.  It’s been a great week on her and has never seemed crowded. Lots of places to sit inside and outside with no one else near you.

• Like 1

I was trying to get 2 rooms on the Vista for that sailing. (I was on the sailing before and wanted to do B2B.)  I tried for about a week.  It would show as rooms being available, but you could not book them. The reason was they were at person capacity--per my TA. I tried for a week until yesterday.  My TA did finally manage to get us two rooms, but they were across the boat from one another (and we have young kids) and my dog's kennel was booked up by then so we just decided it wasn't worth it. 

58 minutes ago, tourismtessy said:

We are on her right now and she is sailing with 3,054 passengers.  Was told today that the next 2 weeks will be sailing with 4,000 passengers (ship holds 4,700) so still not at full capacity.  It’s been a great week on her and has never seemed crowded. Lots of places to sit inside and outside with no one else near you.

4000 is a few over 100% capacity (total number of lower bunks). It is possible for a ship to sail at over 100% if all legal berths are filled. That would be max capacity.