Shore Excursions

Giantfan13

We are sailing on the Anthem Jan 20. At last report, a couple of the ports we will be visiting have restrictions for passengers just wanted to get off and wander by themselves. My question is, if we book a shore excursion with RCCL and later we find we can get off on our own, when is the latest we can cancel the shore excursion, if at all, and incur no penalty? We haven't booked a ship's shore excursion in maybe 15 years, so we have no idea of what the policy is these days. 

Cheers

Len

Idk, we asked onboard and were told 2.5 days which doesnt sound right. We had one for roatan our first port after 3 sea days and rain was forecast. We booked a 830 time. We got on and our tickets said to be there at 915. They changed our time without notification which to me means we could cancel but both cabins were both told too late by the time we asked. 

If rcl changes the time they should notify you. Imo. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

My question is, if we book a shore excursion with RCCL and later we find we can get off on our own, when is the latest we can cancel the shore excursion, if at all, and incur no penalty?

Most of the time it’s 48 hours.

BTW, while that is “policy “ for Barbados and St Lucia, there’s no actual restriction on you leaving the port as of this week. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Most of the time it’s 48 hours.

BTW, while that is “policy “ for Barbados and St Lucia, there’s no actual restriction on you leaving the port as of this week. 

That is good to know.

Just to clarify, if I book a shore excursion online thru RCCL, I have until 48 before the excursion to cancel it with no penalty? I would just go to the shore excursion desk and tell them I want to cancel?

Cheers

Len

1 minute ago, Giantfan13 said:

Just to clarify, if I book a shore excursion online thru RCCL, I have until 48 before the excursion to cancel it with no penalty? I would just go to the shore excursion desk and tell them I want to cancel?

Yes, though realize that you’ll get OBC, not a refund (you can get cash via slot machine of your OBC).