New Mailing

Scubadoc

I received Norwegians new Mailing today advertising  2022 cruises. Europe, Caribbean, Alaska. But nothing about Hawaii and the South Pacific. I hope that is not a bad omen for those of us hoping to cruise to those areas next year. We are booked on the  Spirit from Tahiti to Hawaii May 31 and are desperately hoping that it sails! 

On 12/21/2021 at 3:03 PM, Scubadoc said:

I received Norwegians new Mailing today advertising  2022 cruises. Europe, Caribbean, Alaska. But nothing about Hawaii and the South Pacific. I hope that is not a bad omen for those of us hoping to cruise to those areas next year. We are booked on the  Spirit from Tahiti to Hawaii May 31 and are desperately hoping that it sails! 

Did you check the website?  There are several there.

Good luck & sincere best wishes for the South Pacific cruises early / thru mid 2022 (sailings that embark & disembark down under) with stops & visits via some of the popular and once very busy air transfer hubs, i.e. Singapore or Hong Kong flown on extended long haul routes between the US and overseas, non-stops or thru/direct flights.  

As an example, here is a glimpse of the latest & tightened restrictions for Singapore - not very visitors & tourists friendly 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/planning-to-travel-to-singapore-over-the-holiday-season-heres-what-you-need-to-know

Hong Kong has a very new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal that only opened a few short years ago, very nice & vastly under-utilized, and should/could've been another key gateway, like Singapore, for cruise ship passengers to fly into & out of with easy ground transfers ... but their restrictions are just as tight, modeled & based on mainland China's model of aiming for zero infections before easing travel restrictions and mandatory self-paid & supervised camp-like quarantine for all overseas arrival, testing & then step-down to designated hotel isolated stays for 21 days (give or take, rules changing again - even for returning local residents)

Unless one can be routed flying east via EU airline hubs connecting into Asian & South Pacific destination hubs and port cities, cruising isn't going to be easy nor simple, and very difficult at best next year, as far as I can see & understood ... 

The other challenges, with and even without the latest on Omicorn, is going to be crew rotations after their ordinary/typical 8+ months of contracts, bringing in a fresh group and getting those on home leaves/vacations to return to their home countries ... as you probably know, many of them are from Southeast Asia.  For planning & logistical purposes, it isn't as straight forward as it used to be to map the course for the ships resuming their once-established routing routines, crews & officers, and passengers ... and, let's not bring up supply chain issues or provisioning. 

DW and I had hope to and pre-Covid, planned to seriously look at doing some cruises in Asia by now, but just don't and cannot see anything being possible until 2023 at the earliest ... and, that is without factoring in some of the cautionary timeline set forth lately by some of the scientific-medical & public health folks, including WHO.  I apologize by not offering my best guestimates that OP is hoping to hear, but this is what it is, I am afraid - hope to be proven wrong in another 2 to 3 months from now.  

20 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Good luck & sincere best wishes for the South Pacific cruises early / thru mid 2022 (sailings that embark & disembark down under) with stops & visits via some of the popular and once very busy air transfer hubs, i.e. Singapore or Hong Kong flown on extended long haul routes between the US and overseas, non-stops or thru/direct flights.  

As an example, here is a glimpse of the latest & tightened restrictions for Singapore - not very visitors & tourists friendly 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/planning-to-travel-to-singapore-over-the-holiday-season-heres-what-you-need-to-know

Hong Kong has a very new Kai Tak Cruise Terminal that only opened a few short years ago, very nice & vastly under-utilized, and should/could've been another key gateway, like Singapore, for cruise ship passengers to fly into & out of with easy ground transfers ... but their restrictions are just as tight, modeled & based on mainland China's model of aiming for zero infections before easing travel restrictions and mandatory self-paid & supervised camp-like quarantine for all overseas arrival, testing & then step-down to designated hotel isolated stays for 21 days (give or take, rules changing again - even for returning local residents)

Unless one can be routed flying east via EU airline hubs connecting into Asian & South Pacific destination hubs and port cities, cruising isn't going to be easy nor simple, and very difficult at best next year, as far as I can see & understood ... 

The other challenges, with and even without the latest on Omicorn, is going to be crew rotations after their ordinary/typical 8+ months of contracts, bringing in a fresh group and getting those on home leaves/vacations to return to their home countries ... as you probably know, many of them are from Southeast Asia.  For planning & logistical purposes, it isn't as straight forward as it used to be to map the course for the ships resuming their once-established routing routines, crews & officers, and passengers ... and, let's not bring up supply chain issues or provisioning. 

DW and I had hope to and pre-Covid, planned to seriously look at doing some cruises in Asia by now, but just don't and cannot see anything being possible until 2023 at the earliest ... and, that is without factoring in some of the cautionary timeline set forth lately by some of the scientific-medical & public health folks, including WHO.  I apologize by not offering my best guestimates that OP is hoping to hear, but this is what it is, I am afraid - hope to be proven wrong in another 2 to 3 months from now.  

What about Hawaii and the South Pacific as per the question asked!

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

What about Hawaii and the South Pacific as per the question asked!

Hawaii for US travelers /residents visiting in 2022 will and should ease up gradually, but even the NCL ferry a/k/a Pride of America, still does NOT have a definitive resumption of sailing date, if I am not mistaken or missed something lately.  A starting point to look up and read some of the non-specific and ever-changing guidance & restrictions, exemptions and exceptions, provisions, etc. are here - 

https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/covid-19-updates/   * OR *

https://www.gohawaii.com/travel-requirements

Tahiti - https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/

within this link, there are specific guidelines for travelers, US and other international travelers, and, depending on their mode of travel, starting & end points, etc. - different & varied rules govern and apply.  

IMHO, I don't see myself/ourselves (fully vaxxed & boosted ... although a 4th one might be needed again by then, who knows for sure with the ongoing gene mutations ... ) prepared for an enjoyable & relaxing cruise or the mindset to book, prepare and get to Tahiti in about 6 months from now - just to cruise from there to Hawaii, and put up with the various screening and testing requirements, etc. 

Not knowing where OP are located or coming from, it is even harder to suggest ... except, these type of once or twice-in-a-lifetime cruises would most definitively need to be well insured for travel and CFAR.  

One of the frequent CC member is from down under / Aussie - he can probably offer his best guesses and impression as to whether he feels this should even be considered ... a handful, maybe more, cruise ships that are currently sailing have been skipping, bypassing and cancelling planned port visits and stops lately with the Delta & Omicorn surge & winter waves.  Flexibility is the other key - just don't count on rules & restrictions to be easing up anytime soon in the next 2 or 3 months to make life easier for most cruise "addicts" here on CC.  

Edited by mking8288

11 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Hawaii for US travelers /residents visiting in 2022 will and should ease up gradually, but even the NCL ferry a/k/a Pride of America, still does NOT have a definitive resumption of sailing date, if I am not mistaken or missed something lately.  A starting point to look up and read some of the non-specific and ever-changing guidance & restrictions, exemptions and exceptions, provisions, etc. are here - 

https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/covid-19-updates/   * OR *

https://www.gohawaii.com/travel-requirements

Tahiti - https://tahititourisme.com/en-us/covid-19/

within this link, there are specific guidelines for travelers, US and other international travelers, and, depending on their mode of travel, starting & end points, etc. - different & varied rules govern and apply.  

IMHO, I don't see myself/ourselves (fully vaxxed & boosted ... although a 4th one might be needed again by then, who knows for sure with the ongoing gene mutations ... ) prepared for an enjoyable & relaxing cruise or the mindset to book, prepare and get to Tahiti in about 6 months from now - just to cruise from there to Hawaii, and put up with the various screening and testing requirements, etc. 

Not knowing where OP are located or coming from, it is even harder to suggest ... except, these type of once or twice-in-a-lifetime cruises would most definitively need to be well insured for travel and CFAR.  

One of the frequent CC member is from down under / Aussie - he can probably offer his best guesses and impression as to whether he feels this should even be considered ... a handful, maybe more, cruise ships that are currently sailing have been skipping, bypassing and cancelling planned port visits and stops lately with the Delta & Omicorn surge & winter waves.  Flexibility is the other key - just don't count on rules & restrictions to be easing up anytime soon in the next 2 or 3 months to make life easier for most cruise "addicts" here on CC.  

The OP simply asked about Hawaii and South Pacific cruises on NCL in 2022.  I was answering their question in letting them know that they are on the website.  They did not ask for a Covid diatribe as you have rambled on about.  Asked a simple question so let’s stick to it and provide relevant response.  Good grief!