Cancel Cruise Planner items before cancelling Cruise?

In light of current uncertainties, onboard evolving measures/restrictions and the sheer amount of Canadian struggles to travel right now 😭, we have made the difficult decision to reschedule our January sailing, hopefully to end of April/beginning May. 

Actually never had to cancel before (in all of our years of cruising)…  meh not a fan😒

As we have quite a bit of cruise planner items purchased from dining, excursions, Voom, etc…. Is it best to then on my own cancel those items separately before cancelling the cruise itself with TA? Would that give me the refund on planner purchases or does it not matter if I just cancel everything at once direct with TA. I would prefer to get the refund for those items vs them turning to OBC or more FCC

I imagine we have to take FCC for the actual cancellation then Apply to eventual new sailing VS a date change with any fare increase?

Thank you In advance! Here's to a hopeful 2022 🤞

Edited by Liverpoolfan181

2 minutes ago, Liverpoolfan181 said:

Is it best to then on my own cancel those items separately before cancelling the cruise itself with TA?

Yes, and perhaps wait a few days for the cruise cancellation itself afterwards. 

When you cancel the cruise, ask for a refund. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

We decided to cancel our January cruise a few days ago.  I first went into the Cruise Planner and cancelled all the add-ons myself.  Then I waited for those refunds to hit my Amex, which took 2 days.  Today I will call and cancel the actual cruise.  I still have a week before final payment would have been due and I booked it with a refundable deposit.  My past experiences with Royal's IT have made me think it is prudent to keep things as simple as possible for them.  I did not want a scenario where my booking no longer existed but I might still be trying to get my cruise planner items refunded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

YES!  Cruise Planner items SHOULD cancel automatically when you cancel your cruise, but the refunds don’t always go out automatically. 

Also that will make it easier to match up the refunds on your card when random amounts start rolling in.