Just got off Silhouette 12/13-12/24 Get TESTED!

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Sorry for your situation, I hope you and your son recover quickly.   Your situation shows how easy it is to catch this new variant of the virus while on board the ship.   I think I'll take a couple of extra tests on my next cruise and I'll test the day before we get off the ship.  If I test positive I'll notify Medical and let Celebrity worry about the quarantine costs and the additional issues that arise with me flying home.

This is really great advice - We are going to do the same thing moving forward.  Didnt plan ahead to order extra test kits, but given Heidis experience, everyone should try to have some extra kits on them.

• Like 3

We also were on this sailing.  We did fly home and observed all protocols.  We have no symptoms but as a precaution we are having testing tomorrow morning before connecting with anyone here. Earliest we could get.

We will be sailing again in February and will have an appointment for a test on return home this time or buy the self tests.  

21 hours ago, Heidi pour another Beer said:

Wore a mask throughout the cruise, fully vaccinated with booster. Arrived home  from Ft. Lauderdale and tested at 12:30. Both my son and my self are positive. I don't think were the only passengers who contracted it on board...did not get off at ports. Many had "colds" and/or allergies." Just letting my fellow cruisers so they can test if possible before they visit family.

Based on your description of your personal protocols on board I'm going to assume that you picked it up while dining indoors since that was the place where you took off your mask. That is exactly why I cancelled my upcoming cruises. I want to be able to dine in Luminae and other indoor venues and it's just too risky for transmission right now.

At this point though, due to Omicron's extremely high transmissability, I think anyone who decides to take a cruise has to be comfortable with the fact that they will likely get the virus if they choose to have any sort of contact with other cruisers or crew while unmasked, which is basically impossible to avoid unless you somehow eat all your meals in your cabin. Now most people will just wind up with mild symptoms if any but I think anyone who falls into categories that are higher risk (seniors, underlying health conditions) even if vaccinated and boosted should really avoid cruising for the time being.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Heidi pour another Beer said:

They only told us about the one case and the "negative contacts" nothing else after that. I have a post on here when that occurred. It was business as usual but we the passengers or at least the groups I was in contact with had growing concerns. More and more people with cold symptoms.

I had purchased tests when I booked in September for when I return from cruising. Also my county here in Florida gave them away at a local high school before I left. I know I am very fortunate to have them. When I left we only were dealing with omicron at 1%, now it has escalated to 70% or higher. I would not have cruised right now had I known this would happen. 

I have developed a cough and runny nose as has my son. I believe we will be fine.

WOW...I was on this same cruise and feel the Cruise Line and Staff did a fantstic job.  If you were so paranoid that you had to walk around with a mask all the time, you should not have been cruising.  It was such a relief to take off our masks after visiting our ports of call, and once we departed the cruise terminal.  This was our 4th time on a ship since August.  Of course your taking a chance whenever you walk out of your house.  You stand a better chance of catching something at  your local Walmart or Supermarket than  you do on a cruise ship.  Almost everyone  was vaccinated, and myself, and would assume anyone who had to opportunity to get a booster shot at least 2 weeks before leaving home did also.  There were so few children on our cruise, and the way the cruise line tested the children, I felt perfectly safe.  If you ever felt you got to close to someone, and it scared you...you really don't belong on a ship.  I have cruised Royal, Carnival, and Celebrity in the past few months, and I do have to say I felt the most safe on Celebrity.  You had the opportunity to cancel your cruise with Celebrity up to 48 hours, so you knew the current situation and still chose to cruise.  I do hope you and your son recover quickly, and continue to crusie as the world recovers from this COVID mess, as things open up.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, favoritevacation said:

Yes, Encore is NCL. NCL has a 14 day cancellation policy. Celebrity is 2 day. Believe me, next time I will buy cancel for any reason insurance. Now,  I am reading that Carnival sent a letter to their guests booked on cruises now thru mid January, allowing them to cancel…. I wonder if other cruise lines will follow. The cruise lines don’t want to be shut down by the CDC, the fewer people on board, the fewer cases of COVID. 

Be careful and make sure that you understand everythting you are reading; some only return 75%.

• Thanks 1