B2B Room Questions

Jcol5786

Hello,

We have some FCC and when looking at future cruises we are considering doing a B2B on Allure. She does a 6 day cruise followed by an 8 day cruise in May 2022. The itinerates are slightly different and the pricing for both legs is quite reasonable. We have been on Allure and Oasis before and like both the Boardwalk balcony and Ocean View balconies and we usually alternate between each type. For this B2B I was thinking about getting a Boardwalk for the first leg and an Ocean view for the second. But I have  learned from my readings here that there may be an advantage to book the same room for both cruises as means that you do not have to pack up and move your stuff. Is this true and if it is how would the move be handled if we change rooms? Do we have to carry our luggage off and back on? Any thoughts on this or any other B2B tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, it is more convenient to stay in the same room on a B2B. You don't actually pack-up and move. You are staying in the same room (very convenient). That is the main reason I try to get the same cabin for both legs of a B2B.

That being said, should want to change rooms /category of cabins from week to week you simply pack up all of your s belongings the night before (just as you would normally if disembarking the ship the next day) the only difference is you don't put your suitcases out in the hallway to be taken off of the ship. You keep everything packed in your cabin and the next day (2nd week of your B2B) your cabin steward will move everything for you to your new room. Sometimes you can leave your clothes on the hangers and they will move them as well. Just check with your cabin steward and see what they want you to do. (remember, procedures may have changed since covid started. So ask them and get updated information). You will also not want to pack any of your "paperwork" as you will need it when you check out and check back on the ship.

It sounds like we are doing this exact same itinerary(s) on the "Allure" January 16 - 30, 2022. We are currently in the same cabin B2B, but my wife has done a couple of "Royal Up" offers and if they get accepted we will be changing cabins. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like changing rooms during a B2Bis a simple enough process. Really didn't want to have to disembark with our luggage only to turn around and re-board. The reason we are considering this is because Allure doesn't have the Abyss yet so the view from the BW rooms is still good. When we had a BW  on Allure last time we really enjoyed watching the Aqua theater show from our balcony. That along with some view of the ocean made it a good choice for us however on our next cruise we were on Oasis which does have the Abyss which somewhat blocks the view of both the Aqua theater and the Ocean so we opted for and OV balcony which we really enjoyed as well. The prospect of having both experiences on Allure this time is very attractive to us. After 6 days I'll be done with watching the Aqua theater show and all the other BW activities so a move to a nice ocean view balcony will be perfect for the second leg.