Uh-oh …

Twitchly

We’re due to sail in 3 weeks on the Holy Land & Cities of Antiquity cruise. Just logged into MVJ, and it said “Our records do not indicate an active booking associated to your account.”

First time I’ve seen that. It suggested I try adding a new booking, so I entered my booking number … and got the message “Unable to add booking.”

So … have any of you experienced this before? Just the usual MVJ lockdown before a cruise? Or did our cruise just get canceled? Israel remains closed to the US and UK, so it wouldn’t be a shock if it were the latter. 

Edited by Twitchly

Is your sailing still on the Viking website? 

If no, then, along with the what you are seeing on MVJ, it has been a sign of impending cancellation throughout the pandemic hiatus.  One or the other may be a glitch but the two at the same time have been the forerunner to unwelcome news. 

The cancellation, if that is what is happening, will be announced, only to those effected, by email. 

BE SURE TO READ THE EMAIL IN ITS ENTIRETY AS IT CONTAINS OPTIONS AND DEADLINES.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. Good info, as always.

MVJ allowed me to re-add the booking number successfully today, so it’s a system glitch.

That said, I’m actually rooting for a refund at this point. Israel is off the table for the foreseeable future, which is the main place we wanted to go. Really don’t want a voucher, with all its complexities, so we’re hoping for a big enough itinerary change to result in a refund offer from Viking. It feels a bit like a game of chicken at this point. We’ve got about a week to decide if we’ll blink and just take the voucher.

I had to re-add my booking number today, too. Just like you, everything is as it was. 

Rescheduling would be tough for us, as we still have kids at home, and limited babysitting options after this spring. 

Edited by Eggtuary

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Any further word on Israel?  We're scheduled on this for next year. If the Holy Land is taken off the itinerary, I have little interest in going. 

Same here, which is why we just canceled. Israel is still closed as far as I know, and we didn’t want to get stuck on an adjusted itinerary that didn’t include it.

Here’s to better luck for you next year. 

• Like 1

For the last few days, both UK and US website are showing cruises in June to August & December for 2021.  (Has Viking built a Tardis.). I wonder if they had problems and restored previous dates info?  If so some of the availability for 2022 and beyond may be wrong.  

I tried to post this as a new topic but failed. I’m a bit of a newbie with posts and so thought it could go into this uh oh topic.  

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 11:58 PM, Twitchly said:

Same here, which is why we just canceled. Israel is still closed as far as I know, and we didn’t want to get stuck on an adjusted itinerary that didn’t include it.

Here’s to better luck for you next year. 

We are booked in November and chose it primarily for Israel. I am currently exploring other options for this exact reason. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LisaLeone said:

We are booked in November and chose it primarily for Israel. I am currently exploring other options for this exact reason. 

We are considering trying to go next November. But given Israel’s rather pronounced tendency to shut down, we should probably just give up on them. Covid isn’t going away. 

Edited by Twitchly
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 8:57 PM, Twitchly said:

But given Israel’s rather pronounced tendency to shut down, we should probably just give up on them. Covid isn’t going away. 

Agreed. I'm already wondering what will happen by next year this time when we're scheduled for this trip. I'm optimistic but not overly so.