If only one person in a room shows up what happens?

mpacker

Traveling with a friend, we booked one of the cheap fares and have prepaid tips.   If my friend doesn't show up for the cruise (late jan) what happens?

Obviously they won't get the cruise fare back.. but will the tips and port fees be refunded?  is it automatic?

thanks

(you can ignore...i found someone else posted the same question...but it wouldn't let me delete this one)

Edited by mpacker

7 minutes ago, mpacker said:

Traveling with a friend, we booked one of the cheap fares and have prepaid tips.   If my friend doesn't show up for the cruise (late jan) what happens?

Obviously they won't get the cruise fare back.. but will the tips and port fees be refunded?  is it automatic?

thanks

Yep thats about all.you will be charged as a solo.

6 hours ago, tandemcruzr said:

Not true. The no-show's cruise fare is kept by the cruise. Tips, port fees will be refunded to the the no-show.

I am in the same situation.  I called Carnival and it is just as you have stated. Carnival keeps the cruise fare as we are past final payment and it is considered non refundable.  Port fees will be refunded to the card they were charged on. 

• Like 1

I think they meant that on carnival, a solo rate is effectively twice the double occupancy rate, but only one set of port fees and tips.  On lines that offer reduced solo supplements, there's a legitimate difference, but to my knowledge, Carnival hasn't discounted solo fares in quite awhile.  Either way, where the OP is concerned, whether you call it a solo fare or paying twice double occupancy rate, the total cost is identical.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mpacker said:

thanks

(you can ignore...i found someone else posted the same question...but it wouldn't let me delete this one)

A no show will not be required to pay gratuities. Take it to Customer Relations desk.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Virga said:

but to my knowledge, Carnival hasn't discounted solo fares in quite awhile.

Carnival didn't charge me the solo supplement on the 12/23/21 sailing on the Valor for a 1A upper/lower porthole cabin(1212).  I also was only charged one already reduced deposit($50).  The total for just me was $340.86 for a 4 day Christmas cruise with $25 OBC.  I booked the cruise on 9/13/21.  I got two Early Saver price drops, and the OBC came with the second drop.  On 11/16/21, they moved me to a 6B oceanview(2481) because they took 1212 out of service.

I added my mom to the cruise on 12/6/21.  Adding my mom bumped the OBC up to $50 and doubled the fare and taxes to $681.72.  That negated the savings, but I still got an oceanview for the price of a 1A.

Carnival also wasn't charging the solo supplement for a 1A upper/lower porthole on the 9/12/21 sailing on the Glory.  I put a hold on it, but I let the hold expire.

• Like 1