January & February 2022 Cruisers

TNcruising02

I called ncl today and canceled my February 13th Encore sailing under POM. I am now booked on the May 22nd Breakaway out of Miami and it only cost $606 more to stay in a club balcony suite.

I am happy with the outcome even though I was really looking forward to the Encore.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 12:25 PM, TNcruising02 said:

For people who are cruising in January or February, have you made a decision on going or cancelling?

Our cruise is on the 15th on the Escape and we decided to go for it.  If it gets cancelled, we will choose a refund instead of FCC.  We are meeting family members and have decided to make the best of it.  We do appreciate being given a choice of a full FCC.  

What are you doing?

We cancelled. Flying from Canada and there's too much uncertainty with the flights being cancelled. Also due to the Travel Advisory we won't have travel insurance that covers any delays due to Covid if we proceed against government recommendations. Just not worth it for us 

• Like 2

We're keeping our Feb 27 Getaway cruise out of NYC under the assumption that (1) omicron spike will be over by then; (2) we'll be careful prior to the cruise date to avoid the chance of testing positive; and (3) we're not terrified of getting it, post-cruise, should that happen. 

We're not happy about masking, but the draw of getting to warmer climate on a vacation is a stronger force.

All that said, should mid-February bring even worse spikes and/or further on-board restrictions, say, restricted seating at bars or cancelling of entertainment, then we'd likely cancel.

• Like 1

We had to cancel our cruise on the Escape leaving out of Port Canaveral this Saturday the 8th but only because hubby and I came down with Covid right after xmas! HOWEVER, we are traveling with a group who doesn't have covid but we were all able to use PoM so we are looking to rebook in Feb!!!!

• Like 1

On 12/31/2021 at 1:21 PM, KermitClin said:

We sail in late January and have decided we will go unless NCL offers a full cash refund. We don't want FCC nor do we want to lose any of our money already tied up in the cruise.

With all the potential restrictions i am praying that they cancell the Jan. 29 sail from Tampa

• Like 2