January & February 2022 Cruisers

TNcruising02

For people who are cruising in January or February, have you made a decision on going or cancelling?

Our cruise is on the 15th on the Escape and we decided to go for it.  If it gets cancelled, we will choose a refund instead of FCC.  We are meeting family members and have decided to make the best of it.  We do appreciate being given a choice of a full FCC.  

What are you doing?

• Like 1

We leave on the 5th and even though last week I wanted so badly for them to allow us to cancel, now we are set to go. If they had done this before Christmas, we would have cancelled. But now we are ready. We were able to get ahold of some proctored at home kits thanks to CC. We would have been out hotel and airfare regardless, so now we just want to go. We are crossing our fingers and toes they accept our haven upgrade, and we’re starting to get excited, even if it ends up being almost all at sea! Best part is, for those that don’t feel comfortable, they do get to cancel, and the less people on the ship, the better for us! Enjoy your cruise!!!

• Like 3

We are sticking with plans for now on the Joy January 29th. I almost hope it gets cancelled at this point so I can get a refund and just go to the beach for a week. It’s my honeymoon and already have that week off work so don’t really want the FCC and to have my money tied up with NCL - I just want a great vacation that week. 

I’m not opposed to going and plan to have a great time, but am stressed about the idea of a quarantine if we are in contact someone who gets sick, the testing, the flights……things are way different than they were a few months ago at final payment. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, omyjamie said:

We leave on the 5th and even though last week I wanted so badly for them to allow us to cancel, now we are set to go. If they had done this before Christmas, we would have cancelled. But now we are ready. We were able to get ahold of some proctored at home kits thanks to CC. We would have been out hotel and airfare regardless, so now we just want to go. We are crossing our fingers and toes they accept our haven upgrade, and we’re starting to get excited, even if it ends up being almost all at sea! Best part is, for those that don’t feel comfortable, they do get to cancel, and the less people on the ship, the better for us! Enjoy your cruise!!!

I think now more than ever, people have a better chance of their bid being accepted.  We put in a few bids too.  Good luck!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vacruizer said:

We are sticking with plans for now on the Joy January 29th. I almost hope it gets cancelled at this point so I can get a refund and just go to the beach for a week. It’s my honeymoon and already have that week off work so don’t really want the FCC and to have my money tied up with NCL - I just want a great vacation that week. 

I’m not opposed to going and plan to have a great time, but am stressed about the idea of a quarantine if we are in contact someone who gets sick, the testing, the flights……things are way different than they were a few months ago at final payment. 

These are all the same reasons we opted to not make final payment for our January cruise.  There were just too many unknowns at that time and now with everything happening, I am so glad we opted to cancel.  We have a 2-week land-based trip on our own planned now instead to use the time off work we already had approved.  I hope to cruise in the future, but not now.  I have no interest in a 'cruise to nowhere' or being on a ship with reduced amenities.  

• Like 1

We're sailing BTB on Joy 1/22/22.  At this point, we are hoping NCL cancels so we can get our money back.  I saw my nephew for a few hours on Sunday (he wore a mask but had tested negative) but now he's positive.  My sister and I both have cold symptoms so who knows if we have it.  All vaccinated with boosters.

• Like 1

We are on Encore January 16th and still undecided. Like many others, I’m more concerned about possible quarantine and disruption than about dying from Covid. 

I’m not thrilled about the idea of FCC because prices are about 50% higher than when we booked, and I’m not certain we would be able to find a sailing date that works for w wry one in our family before December, 2022.

We have CFAR insurance, but we’d take a 25% hit on the $10k we have in this cruise.  I’m glad we have the insurance, but losing $2,500 and getting no ca action stings. 

So for now, I’m waiting. If the cruise line cancels, we will get a full refund, which would be better than getting FCC or only getting 75% back. 

• Like 3

We're sailing February 28th on the Gem out of NY.  We are not flying, we are driving. Hoping everything is calmed down by then, if not, we will cancel.   I'm not afraid of getting covid.  I'm more afraid of having to quarantine if we come in contact with someone who is positive.

• Like 2

We're on Breakaway from NOLA Jan 16, first time in Haven.  Certainly we have concerns about Covid, but we go to church and eat in restaurants and shop at stores, all with people we don't know the vaccination status of.  We'll be getting our pre-test three days before and spending two nights in NOLA before the trip ...being veteran mid-westerners we always build in time for snow flight delays.  We plan to isolate as much as possible for two weeks pre-cruise.  And if we get turned away at the dock whichever one of us doesn't test positive will rent a car to get us home and we'll make new plans.

Changing plans is part of the adventure of trave...one of our best vacations was when the governor of South Carolina told us to get out because of a hurricane and we had to build a new vacation on the run.

So we plan to have fun regardless of our circumstances.  If you cancel, good for you, I understand your concerns.  But if you go I hope you have a great cruise too.

• Like 6

We were lucky to be able to cancel our February cruise before final payment.  If the poll on the other thread is a good measure, that's what 75% are doing on that cruise.   If things change for the better in the next 4-5 weeks, we can consider rebooking it.

• Like 1

We're supposed to be on the Joy on January 8th. Very conflicted right now. This is our third attempt to cruise, after NCL canceling in May 2020 and January 2021. We received so much bonus FCC and discounts with those cancelations, I'm not sure we could even afford to re-book this trip if we didn't have those perks. NCL has had my money tied up since November 2019. Part of me wants to go and enjoy it so badly, but the other part of me feels wildly irresponsible to go and is afraid of ending up quarantined and miserable. Tough times. I wish we went a month ago. 

• Like 2