January & February 2022 Cruisers

TNcruising02

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

For people who are cruising in January or February, have you made a decision on going or cancelling?

Our cruise is on the 15th on the Escape and we decided to go for it.  If it gets cancelled, we will choose a refund instead of FCC.  We are meeting family members and have decided to make the best of it.  We do appreciate being given a choice of a full FCC.  

What are you doing?

We are on the same sailing. We are done. We’ve been on 2 since fall, canceled our Christmas cruise due to family illness and are now holding out for this 1/15 to cancel. We want our 10k back. If not , FCC. Airline cancellations, port closures, sitting on a balcony wondering who’s infected..... it just takes the wind out of the sails. Y’all enjoy. 

• Like 2

We cancelled our 22 Jan 2022 Joy sailing before final payment.  It is, what it is...no regrets.  Next up is our July sailing on the Epic in July 2022.  We'll make a determination  before final payment.  Not even thinking about our 2023 Prima Sailing. 

• Like 1

While we were not scheduled to cruise Jan/Feb, we were scheduled for 6 March on Breakaway out of NOLA which is only five days out of the Jan/Feb timeframe.  We were travelling with our son and his wife to celebrate our 30th anniversary, both in the Haven.  Our final payment would have been due the first week of January.  We cancelled because we did not want to gamble our full payment on whether there would be a requirement to wear masks.  We simply did not think a cruise with that requirement would be worth the money.  As I said, we would have been committed in a few days.  If NCL would allow us to cancel up to embarkation if the mask requirement was in place, we would not have cancelled.

• Like 2

We're supposed to leave 1/19 on the Getaway and I'm pretty sure we're going to cancel. Granted, FCC isn't going to get us on a comparable cruise later in the year, but it's just too risky - I'm not worried about getting sick, but with ports turning ships away, entertainment being canceled, possibly being quarantined for days on end .... Just doesn't seem worth it. So sad - this will be our third cancelled cruise in two years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

For people who are cruising in January or February, have you made a decision on going or cancelling?

Our cruise is on the 15th on the Escape and we decided to go for it.  If it gets cancelled, we will choose a refund instead of FCC.  We are meeting family members and have decided to make the best of it.  We do appreciate being given a choice of a full FCC.  

What are you doing?

See you on board!  We're also on Jan 15 Escape. 

• Like 1

We've just checked in online for our Jan 21 Bliss (Los Angeles to Miami). 

Our first cruise since our Feb/Mar 2020 Jewel cruise that toured the Pacific looking for a port, so we do have some experience of itinerary changes and sea days...  Then we were in Australia, border finally opened in November to allow us to leave.

Glad the new peace of mind policy is in place. We do want to go on this cruise (it's all paid for with fcc) but things can happen so we'll make a final decision a few days before.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TACoor said:

We're supposed to leave 1/19 on the Getaway and I'm pretty sure we're going to cancel. Granted, FCC isn't going to get us on a comparable cruise later in the year, but it's just too risky - I'm not worried about getting sick, but with ports turning ships away, entertainment being canceled, possibly being quarantined for days on end .... Just doesn't seem worth it. So sad - this will be our third cancelled cruise in two years.

This is where I'm landing too. I'm dreading the thought of something going awry on our only family vacation in almost 3 years. And I need this vacation! I planned to have almost 2 weeks of relaxation before a stressful period at work begins. So we're thinking of just driving to the mountains instead. At least that way my family can spread out and not risk getting quarantined in a tiny room for several days. Downside, I'll have to make my own cocktails! 

• Like 1

Departing for a B2B in less then 10 days.

I'm not going to worry about the things I can't control.

I'm going to do my best to make sure I'm protected and do my best to protect others.

I've gotten my 1 & 2 shot and booster in November + Flu shot in September and scheduled a PCR test for within 72 hours of my voyage. I'm fine with the indoor mask mandate. I also have (Non-NCL) travel insurance.

I've made my specialty dining reservations and used 30k in BoA points to upgrade from a O4 to a BA cabin category and got my eDocs and luggage tags printed.
I also plan on bringing my bike with me too.

I will call people out on board if I see something that isn't "kosher" with current guidelines.

Safe travels & Happy New Year

- WYB

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

how does ncl do contact tracing? besides the obvious knowing what MDR table you have, i dont know how they would know who i stood in line next to while waiting to board or sat next to in other venues. 

Facial recognition software.  There are camera's all over the ship.

• Like 1

We are going on Encore January 16th. We just got off Carnival Vista last week with over 4000 passengers and am looking forward to reduced capacity with NCL. I am hoping NCL doesn't cancel. We did cancel our Greek Isles on Mar 3 for now. Maybe Omicron will start to fade and I will consider rebooking. 

• Like 2

Today, we are sailing in 1/14, but a lot can happen in 2 weeks.  Good thing is that's it's only a 3 night weekend cruise so if we need to quarantine it wouldn't be for long.  My bigger concern is being positive at the port.  We are flying and I'd hate to waste that money to fly down to be locked in a hotel the whole time.  At least if I cancel I can use the tickets another time.  That said, I would be ok we the cruise being cancelled and getting a refund too but I don't think that will happen unless they are required to.   

• Like 3

We are on Feb12 Escape.  I guess we plan on trying to cruise - have air and hotel pre-cruise with Disney tickets already paid for.  If we test positive at the pier I guess we can try to rent a car and drive somewhere in Florida for the week.   Problem would be trying to find hotel reservations at that late date, most are already reserved since that is a winter break week.   Also where to get car rental last minute without paying a fortune!

• Like 1

I will definitely cruise.

To all who are hoping for a cancellation i personally am absolutely convinced that NCL will cancel any cruise only if absolutely necessary.Even if they expect that they won`t dock in all planned ports.

Caused once you are on board they do already have all your money and might get some more from your on-board spendings.

Later they might give you FCC or OBC or whatever but this is still better for them then to cancel a cruise and possibly have to give the money back to the guests in case they choose the refund.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brandybit said:

We are on Feb12 Escape.  I guess we plan on trying to cruise - have air and hotel pre-cruise with Disney tickets already paid for.  If we test positive at the pier I guess we can try to rent a car and drive somewhere in Florida for the week.   Problem would be trying to find hotel reservations at that late date, most are already reserved since that is a winter break week.   Also where to get car rental last minute without paying a fortune!

Would you really drive somewhere in FL knowing you are Positive?

I guess you would be in the Right State.

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Yes, please! Not only for your safety, but for others, too.

Stay Safe and Happy New Year!

Just trying to figure out what we do if we test positive at the pier.  Certainly can't go on the airplane!    Does NCL provide hotels or do we have to try to find one on our own.   We will not have our own car...