If needed, how does one cancel second leg of B2B during first leg

Birdnutty

Hi All.  We are scheduled to go on our very first B2B in mid-Feb, and are wondering if any one can answer this question.  

We are still planning on going through with this cruise, as of right now.    IF we are mid-cruise on our first leg and feel uncomfortable with the ways things are going, can we cancel the second leg within the allotted time limits while on the ship?  How would we do that?  We have one of those big TA's that is having much trouble dealing with servicing existing reservations, and will not answer a personal phone call.  There is no personal contact other than email, and that happens not in a timely manner, if at all.  They're overwhelmed.  I understand that, but it doesn't help my situation, especially if we're floating around on the ocean somewhere.

Do you think the Celebrity people would help?

Edited by Birdnutty

• Birdnutty changed the title to If needed, how does one cancel second leg of B2B during first leg

Wild question, as it turns out!

CWC allows cancellation for any reason 48 hrs pre-cruise for FCC.  Since Celebrity insists on treating each leg as a separate cruise, one could VERY easily argue that one could inform X within 48 hours of a subsequent leg that they were canceling any subsequent legs and take the future cruise credit.

Don't know of anyone who has done it, but it certainly complies with X's current policy!

54 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

Hi All.  We are scheduled to go on our very first B2B in mid-Feb, and are wondering if any one can answer this question.  

We are still planning on going through with this cruise, as of right now.    IF we are mid-cruise on our first leg and feel uncomfortable with the ways things are going, can we cancel the second leg within the allotted time limits while on the ship?  How would we do that?  We have one of those big TA's that is having much trouble dealing with servicing existing reservations, and will not answer a personal phone call.  There is no personal contact other than email, and that happens not in a timely manner, if at all.  They're overwhelmed.  I understand that, but it doesn't help my situation, especially if we're floating around on the ocean somewhere.

Do you think the Celebrity people would help?

Simply cancel on board with a sales representative or customer relations manager.  I would also go to sales on boarding and move the second reservation from your TA to Celebrity if it feels uncomfortable.  Not difficult and fits CWC rules.  

We did this exactly in March of 2020 on the Reflection.  It was to be our first back to back.  As Covid spiraled and the country closed down we decided to cancel the 2nd leg under the new CWC program.  We were able to contact Celebrity shoreside by phone at no cost to us.  It was arranged by guest services.  If you are sailing in Suite or concierge class you would probably be able to get some assistance from the concierge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Simply cancel on board with a sales representative or customer relations manager.  I would also go to sales on boarding and move the second reservation from your TA to Celebrity if it feels uncomfortable.  Not difficult and fits CWC rules.  

How does one move the second reservation to Celebrity from TA? Just ask the sales dept?  I was under the impression that once you work with a TA on a reservation, Celebrity doesn't want to have much to do with you and that subsequent actions must all be taken through the TA.

12 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

How does one move the second reservation to Celebrity from TA? Just ask the sales dept?  I was under the impression that once you work with a TA on a reservation, Celebrity doesn't want to have much to do with you and that subsequent actions must all be taken through the TA.

Nothing to move if you cancel the 2nd reservation.  You get a FCC.  Once you have the # for the credit, either Celebrity or a TA can make use of it on your behalf for a future booking.

Edited by canderson
clarity

You can also cancel your cruise right on the Celebrity website.  Go to the health and safety link they have at the top of the page and scroll through and you should be able to find it. 

Question for those who have done it - are you certain you can move your cruise back from a TA to Celebrity?  I know you can move from Celebrity to a TA within a certain amount of time but didn't know you could move it the other way.  Very unhappy with our online TA (which is really a booking agent and nothing more) and have several upcoming cruises booked with them due to lifting and shifting.  I may be willing to give up their perks in order to move back to Celebrity.

19 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Question for those who have done it - are you certain you can move your cruise back from a TA to Celebrity?

Again, nothing is being 'moved' - at least not for the situation under discussion in this thread.  The cruise is cancelled and the FCC issued.  The old cruise is toast.  Now you take your FCC and use it with whomever suits your fancy for a completely new booking.

This isn't a lift-and-shift situation.

Edited by canderson
clarity
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Again, nothing is being 'moved' - at least not for the situation under discussion in this thread.  The cruise is cancelled and the FCC issued.  The old cruise is toast.  Now you take your FCC and use it with whomever suits your fancy for a completely new booking.

This isn't a lift-and-shift situation.

I understand.  I was asking in general about whether you can do that, from the people who were reporting that you could.

7 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I understand.  I was asking in general about whether you can do that, from the people who were reporting that you could.

We have heard of cases where the client has been able to move a cruise from a completely unresponsive agent/agency to X, but I'm not sure what criteria X uses to permit it.  During COVID, a few went MIA for extended periods, and some just silently went out of business.