Cancelation??

mlmbar

First time on Princess. We are booked for Feb 5 on Regal. Since Omicron is so prevalent and things seem really bad, considering cancelation.  I was reading the cruise with confidence info and not very clear.  I hate to pull the plug since it seems like people on board are doing fine and who knows? Would like to wait and see since things change by the hour. BUT if we wait past the 30 days, will we lose a lot of money????  HELP!!!!

23 minutes ago, mlmbar said:

First time on Princess. We are booked for Feb 5 on Regal. Since Omicron is so prevalent and things seem really bad, considering cancelation.  I was reading the cruise with confidence info and not very clear.  I hate to pull the plug since it seems like people on board are doing fine and who knows? Would like to wait and see since things change by the hour. BUT if we wait past the 30 days, will we lose a lot of money????  HELP!!!!

Yes, if you wait past 30 days you risk losing all your money if you don’t have “cancel for any reason” insurance through Princess or on your own. Based on the current recorded message for Princess Customer Service, it appears they are giving those booked on January cruises the option to rebook for a later date, but they are closed for the holiday weekend so details are missing. No idea if that will be expanded or not. 

Only you can determine your risk tolerance. We have been on seven cruises from early August through mid-December. Had a great time, little to no Covid and it felt like the old days. Things have changed a lot in just two weeks. We have a Princess cruise scheduled mid-January and will be moving it if we can. We’re not overly concerned about getting sick, more concerned that it won’t be the cruise experience we want as well as the number of ports that are turning ships away. 

I'm getting ready to board the Caribbean Princess today.  No thoughts of cancellation at all.  I'm vaxxed and boosted and omicron is proving to do what viruses do - mutating into a more easily transmissible but less lethal form.

The biggest hassle was getting the two day prior test.  Day two at home, no rapid tests available. Day one, in Miami, no rapid  tests available at CVS, Walgreens, or a nearby Doc In A Box.  As a backup weeks ago I scheduled the test at the pier sponsored by Princess.  Glad I did.

Time to hit the waves!  Better than staying home under the covers.

• Like 3

On 1/2/2022 at 8:30 AM, skynight said:

Call 1 800 princess. There should be a message about cancelling within the 30 period. There is also a recent thread on the topic.

I think you may be thinking of the ability to rebook that Princess announced  on their phone line for January cruises. Unfortunately no change has been announced (yet) for February cruise that Op has.