Epic boarding 1/2 bad start

Oldsweets

So far I am not impressed with NCls Checkin process.  Dropped off luggage and put on bus and we have been setting in the bus in the port parking lot for an hour now. A person asked the driver who is off the bus (I assume to reduce his chance of COVID exposure) what was going on and he was told awaiting backup at test site. Another guests said that people at test site were told that boarding the ship was pushed back from noon to 1 and that they were on hold at test site.  Sadly no actual information from NCL or the port folks.  Clearly not an organized process with any interest in communicating “any” information.  You can bet that the folks on now four full buses will start needing to get off to use the restrooms. Hopefully no one on our full bus has COVID as we are clearly setting in an incubator .  Disappointing beginning that fails to instill any confidence in NCLs process.   

Sorry to hear that -can you at least get off and stand. outside until the bus is ready to leave?  I'm on this one starting 1/9 and I'm staying at the hotel where the testing is.  Wondering if I can just do testing first then go to port on my own without riding the bus. Any and all updates on your sailing would be appreciated!  What information have you been given thus far regarding port changes, etc.  Were you offered any OBC or FCC to cancel?

At least you got on the bus. My husband and I were told by the representative in the airport because NCL did not have our travel plan (we arrived the day before boarding and yes we supplied that information via our CC when we booked) we classified as “TP” and they had no idea if or when we would board the bus. We called NCL as well as the numbers listed on our paperwork. No luck. We had to take Uber to the port, which by the way Uber was less than NCL. Now we are trying to get a refund from NCL. We should have just taken Uber from the airport hotel to the pier. Live and learn.

• Like 1

Just off the Epic and I thought NCL was great in mostly all aspects.

I will say where they fell short was overall communication.  Covid absolutely a sensitive subject amongst crew and nobody gives u much info.

It took us 2 hours from the Uber getting to port to getting on the ship, so not terrible.  11a to 1p.

I can tell you there was crew with Covid and in isolation and a few international guests, who had to test on the last day did have Covid.  We skipped 3 ports.

That bus ride to testing was the easy part, it's the wait to see if your numbers comes up to clear you or if the Covid tech calls you to retest that got me.  Nerve racking 20 minutes.

5 minutes ago, Patsfans said:

What hotel is the testing at and can you just go there on your own .. I would rather pay uber and cut my exposure 

Sheraton near the port.  Not a bad idea.  Go up the escalator.

Hope all goes well for you-  at least you had a place to sit.....

we were stuck out on the street (literally) in NOLA on Dec 5th trying to board the Breakaway-  due to the Covid cases on the previous sailing.

So much out of NCL's control-  but the one thing I have to say is that NCL could have done a much better job of communicating and keeping us updated.

Although as we were discussing with some fellow passengers- given how fluid the situation was -  I'm sure NCL didn't want to communicate anything (especially in writing) that could have changed -  given the litigious society we have to live in.

Have a wonderful trip