Testing positive prior to departure

ssalaam85

I have a question but I don't know if it's been answered.  

My cruise partner and I have covid back in November and I heard you could teat positive for a few months after recovering. Has any had this happen? 

He also tested positive again today but will be out of the 14 day quarantine window by the time we cruise. Will they allow us to board? 

1 hour ago, ssalaam85 said:

My cruise partner and I have covid back in November and I heard you could teat positive for a few months after recovering. Has any had this happen? 

He also tested positive again today but will be out of the 14 day quarantine window by the time we cruise. Will they allow us to board? 

If it’s been a number of weeks since you’ve had Covid, you may test negative at the port. Port tests are antigen tests, which are less sensitive than PCR tests which may read positive for months after having Covid. But yeah, if you’re positive at the port you’re not getting on. Period

Edited by jumbojem96
Spelling

2 hours ago, ssalaam85 said:

Your cruise partner may have contracted covid again. 

You need to test negative at the port to cruise. 

You should also pre-test prior to the cruise so that if you are forced to quarantine at your port of departure, you can receive assistance.