Regent Seven Seas allowing changes and future cruise credits according to Cruise Critic posters on Regent board

ohmark

"We were scheduled to sail on the Splendor February 3rd and had many of the same concerns as CruiserfromMaine. On Tuesday we found out that Regent was generously offering to reinstate their Reassurance program for January and February departures. We took advantage. We found another voyage, exact same itinerary on the same ship departing virtually one year later. Our TA made the switch easily and even offered to cover the cost difference. We are sad but relieved and looking forward with hope to our next scheduled voyage, the Mariner in October."

Others report similar. See this thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2821438-we-decided-to-postpone-our-january-2022-cruise-on-the-splendor/

Edited by ohmark

4 minutes ago, ohmark said:

"We were scheduled to sail on the Splendor February 3rd and had many of the same concerns as CruiserfromMaine. On Tuesday we found out that Regent was generously offering to reinstate their Reassurance program for January and February departures. We took advantage. We found another voyage, exact same itinerary on the same ship departing virtually one year later. Our TA made the switch easily and even offered to cover the cost difference. We are sad but relieved and looking forward with hope to our next scheduled voyage, the Mariner in October."

Others report similar. See this thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2821438-we-decided-to-postpone-our-january-2022-cruise-on-the-splendor/

You may want to read that thread. Apparently, the TA requested and was granted an exception. Note as well that this occurred in the UK market, which often has different policies and practices than here in the US.

24 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You may want to read that thread. Apparently, the TA requested and was granted an exception. Note as well that this occurred in the UK market, which often has different policies and practices than here in the US.

There is absolutely no indication from the OP that the poster or the poster's TA requested an exception. The Poster posted nothing more on the subject in that thread. B/T/W, of course I read the thread before posting. Assuming you read the thread so know that others were treated similarly.

Here are some more quotes on the thread from other posters:

"I had to have a replacement cruise booked to move the paid fare, rather than an FCC that has more flexibility. We found a cruise that costs more, actually, so the fare difference is on us. Not sure if we booked a cheaper cruise what would have happened but I suspect the paid fare would have been lost."

" We also moved a February 2022 cruise to a similar cruise 2023, the new cruise is more expensive so we will need to pay the difference when final payment time comes. If we wanted a FCC we would be limited to selecting from 2022 cruises."

Of course, I don't know the details other than as posted. We shall see what O does.

Edited by ohmark

6 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Post #11 on that same thread

Posted December 31, 2021
Our TA said they did not reinstate the Reassurance plan for January and February cruises. She said it’s case by case.

We also fear being told to isolate in a small room. 

That's a different poster than the OP, who was told something different by their TA. The truth of the matter is, until Regent or Oceania officially post something, we rely on what Cruise Critic posters say. 

My TA said early last week that Oceania would consider a request for a future cruise credit, but only after we cancelled. In other words, we  had to cancel first, and then take our chances as to whether they'd give us an FCC or nothing.

Edited by ohmark

We do know that this is at least one large group that were able to substitute/move to a later cruise(s) on the Oceania cruise departing tomorrow, January 4th and also January 14 although it is not an official policy.  

My suggestion is to find an alternate cruise in 2022, agree to pay the difference, and ask Oceania or your TA as appropriate to move your cruise.  

Ohmark, it is certainly worth a try and the effort to select an alternative.  Let us know if you are successful.  

my wife and I are going on our cruise unless Oceania cancels and gives us a cash refund.  (Or we test positive)

• Like 1