Interconnecting Cabins on Regatta/Nautica/Insignia and Sirena

Aussie Gal

We have been on a waitlist for the past few months for a cruise on the Regatta this coming November from Singapore to Sydney. 

We were thrilled when we found we had cleared the waitlist yesterday but when we saw that our cabin is an interconnecting cabin, our happiness was short lived.

The cabin number is 7027 on Deck 7 on the Regatta, a ship we have cruised on before. Back in 2017 we had a PH which was very roomy and spacious.  The ship is completely waitlisted and therefore the fares are quite high so that is why we decided on booking a Concierge cabin instead. 

Has anyone stayed in an interconnecting cabin on any of the old "R" ships of Oceania and if so, was the cabin made smaller because of the door into the next cabin? Many years ago we had an interconnecting cabin on Azamara and we missed out on having the sofa due to where the door was situated. We are hoping that this isn't the case with our cabin.  If the waitlist empties and we want to make a change, our Rep mentioned that we could miss out on our benefits plus a cancellation penalty could apply.  We have already moved our booking from the Marina in November which was a Transatlantic to the U.S. which would have been too hard for us in this Covid world. We have already lost quite a few extras in that move so we do not want to lose anymore.  

Jennie

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
Thread title was shouting (all caps)

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Interconnecting Cabins on Regatta/Nautica/Insignia and Sirena
1 hour ago, Aussie Gal said:

We have been on a waitlist for the past few months for a cruise on the Regatta this coming November from Singapore to Sydney. 

We were thrilled when we found we had cleared the waitlist yesterday but when we saw that our cabin is an interconnecting cabin, our happiness was short lived.

The cabin number is 7027 on Deck 7 on the Regatta, a ship we have cruised on before. Back in 2017 we had a PH which was very roomy and spacious.  The ship is completely waitlisted and therefore the fares are quite high so that is why we decided on booking a Concierge cabin instead. 

Has anyone stayed in an interconnecting cabin on any of the old "R" ships of Oceania and if so, was the cabin made smaller because of the door into the next cabin? Many years ago we had an interconnecting cabin on Azamara and we missed out on having the sofa due to where the door was situated. We are hoping that this isn't the case with our cabin.  If the waitlist empties and we want to make a change, our Rep mentioned that we could miss out on our benefits plus a cancellation penalty could apply.  We have already moved our booking from the Marina in November which was a Transatlantic to the U.S. which would have been too hard for us in this Covid world. We have already lost quite a few extras in that move so we do not want to lose anymore.  

Jennie

We have stayed in both a PH and A1 cabin that were interconnecting and the sofa, etc. were in the room and no difference in spacing due to door.  When the rooms are not requested to be interconnected then, at least in our cases, the room furniture configuration was the same

Thanks so much for your valuable information. I do appreciate hearing about the cabin as I have tried to find a photo of a cabin with the interconnecting door.  I am not worried about noise as I know it involves 2 doors, it is only if we find we do not have a settee to sit on.  I did see from photos of normal balcony cabins that the bed and the settee in the cabins are on the same side so therefore the interconnecting door must be on the blank wall between the last of the cupboards and the desk near the window.  If that is so, then we will be fine. 

Jennie

Thanks. I have watched it a number of times but cannot actually see the door. I am hoping that if it is on the side where the closets are situated, that it doesn't take any space from them. 

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

search on youtube  for Insignia 7022  which if the other side  but looks like connecting door is near the entrance of the cabin

5 hours ago, Aussie Gal said:

Thanks. I have watched it a number of times but cannot actually see the door. I am hoping that if it is on the side where the closets are situated, that it doesn't take any space from them. 

Jenny 

I checked again & the connecting door is up behind the sofa  so maybe if you want to share the cabin next door they replace the sofa  but if not you still have the sofa

I guess just ask to keep the sofa  in place  ahead of time

38 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Jenny 

I checked again & the connecting door is up behind the sofa  so maybe if you want to share the cabin next door they replace the sofa  but if not you still have the sofa

I guess just ask to keep the sofa  in place  ahead of time

Hi Lyn, thanks for confirming where the connecting door is hiding.  We certainly want the sofa.  When we were on Azamara Quest quite a few years ago, we were given an interconnecting cabin down on Deck 6 - I took a guarantee for the first and last time - and the sofa could not be put into the cabin as it was too big to fit through the doorway.  Apparently all the furniture had been put in from the outside somehow, so we ended up with two chairs from the dining room!!  As it too was an ex "R" ship, you would know those dining room chairs.  Certainly not as comfortable as a sofa to watch the TV!

Jennie

Not travelled in an R interconnecting cabin, but I can report that on an O ship the door is opposite the bed, and next to the next door TV and as such it was very noisy for us. Would not do a guarantee again for that reason. 

6 hours ago, ToxM said:

Not travelled in an R interconnecting cabin, but I can report that on an O ship the door is opposite the bed, and next to the next door TV and as such it was very noisy for us. Would not do a guarantee again for that reason. 

Thanks for that.  We have put our name down to be changed if a cabin becomes available. We were so lucky to clear the waitlist and get this cabin but I have told our Rep that we would prefer a cabin that wasn't interconnecting if possible.

Jennie