South Pacific cruises

sunlover12

4 hours ago, gwenmarie said:

I am hopeful that we are still going on our transpacific from Tahiti to LAX in April. We also have 10 days on land prior to leaving Tahiti. 

I don't want to sound negative but if the inter-island FP cruises in February and March are cancelled, it's probably not likely that the Regatta will be sailing from Tahiti to Los Angeles.  The Regatta is currently in Long Beach and I don't think it has moved for months. The only thing we can do is wait and see but if Oceania is going to cancel, hopefully they won't inform us at the last minute.

Good luck on your future travels.

I was wondering where the ship was. I live in Oregon and have seen it in Astoria for the past year or so and then it went to dry dock in Portland recently. I have a feeling that we will not be going anywhere on that ship. We have a travel zoo booking at the Sheraton Moorea for the 10 days prior with a full refund. Our Hawaiian flight can be changed to RT Hawaii for a vacation there in March/April. 

3 hours ago, Twiga said:

Gwenmarie, where will you stay in Tahiti?  I hope your cruise sails.  I have a similar cruise booked for 2023 and I plan on spending time on Moorea before the cruise.

We have stayed at the Sheraton on Moorea 20 years ago. Very nice beach and if you can grab over the water bungalow 

7 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

My March cruise on Regatta is now all waitlisted for every cabin category. Yesterday there was a lot of availability. I hope I am wrong but I think Oceania will be cancelling French Polynesia this year.

Exactly what O just did with current South America cruise rotations.  Closed all to wait list on 30Dec and notified all passengers on 04Jan of two months of cruise cancelations. 

So you too can be cancelled on 4 days notice just as were those sailing from BA 08Jan, or those who had already arrived in South America pre cruise.

No reason to trust anything O says at this time.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jockocruiser said:

Exactly what O just did with current South America cruise rotations.  Closed all to wait list on 30Dec and notified all passengers on 04Jan of two months of cruise cancelations. 

So you too can be cancelled on 4 days notice just as were those sailing from BA 08Jan, or those who had already arrived in South America pre cruise.

No reason to trust anything O says at this time.

Also exactly what O did with the Jan. 4 Riviera cruise – which just sailed – and the Jan. 14 Riviera cruise – for which I was just contacted to confirm Meet & Greet.  So don't extrapolate too broadly.

• Like 3

I’m currently on Riviera and Captain’s welcome aboard party as well as Oceania Club repeater party has been cancelled.  No large gatherings.   No drinks served in Riviera lounge.   Masks indoors and outdoors if you aren’t at least six feet from other guests.   

1 minute ago, slw207693 said:

I’m currently on Riviera and Captain’s welcome aboard party as well as Oceania Club repeater party has been cancelled.  No large gatherings.   No drinks served in Riviera lounge.   Masks indoors and outdoors if you aren’t at least six feet from other guests.   

Common sense in the current Covid  World

I'm on the 4/6 Papeete to LAX (I hope), which currently shows plenty of availability. Like many here I really hope we sail, especially since 2 bookings prior cancelled. Here's hoping, realizing so much can happen in the next 3 months.