2022 Refund for March 2020 Cruise

dapreston

My cruise was one of the first cancelled in March 2020.  I signed up for the 125% credit which have been unable to use.  I was told at the time that if the credit is not used by Dec 31/21, I could expect a refund. Any idea on timing of these refunds?  Assuming there are many of us in the same situation.

22 hours ago, dapreston said:

thanks for the above two comments.  I thought it would have been a hot topic for 2022 as I assume there are a lot of us in the same situation.  

Hard to say.  The ...lost March 2020 refunds... Thread was iirc 17 pages.  Once we got ours used it for fear of another snarl.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Do what I did - use Section 75 of the Credit Consumer Act.  

There is no Time Limit to recover your money.

Does that mean suing them in a US court?  How did you get the Section 75 enforced?

We in UK have a Consumer Credit Protection Act which holds the credit card company liable if a transaction fails to deliver its promise.  I believe in USA / Canada your Credit Card companies offer a Chargeback policy in the event of a failed transaction.

Suggest you approach your CC company for advice........MSC should not be allowed to escape their obligations.

On 1/9/2022 at 4:31 AM, mickey89 said:

I believe in USA / Canada your Credit Card companies offer a Chargeback policy.

I did the chargeback on a US Chase high annual fee card.  I was refused.  Chase said no claims allowed after 60 days.  I booked months in advance for a cruise cancelled at the last minute.  I didn't see your UK label before my enquiry.

I also didn't realise that you were North Americans.  We are fortunate that our Consumer protection is much better this side of the pond. I was refunded all money by VISA but it took 6months of waiting.  To this day, almost 15 months later, MSC have not respond or refund the money.

MSC are a disgrace, I for one will never ever trust them again.

8 hours ago, mmt44 said:

I did the chargeback on a US Chase high annual fee card.  I was refused.  Chase said no claims allowed after 60 days.  I booked months in advance for a cruise cancelled at the last minute.  I didn't see your UK label before my enquiry.

On the long March missing refund thread, Chase got lots of bad press for poor service.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...